Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

King Crab legs

smokinsopsmokinsop Posts: 180
edited 5:59AM in EggHead Forum
Got 3 legs at a pound each. Just thaw and throw on egg for 10 minutes or so? Am open to any ideas. Never attempted before

• 12nov06-039.jpg
    <p />smokinsop,
    that should do it. you are just looking to heat them through. some say to steam king crab legs instead of egging, but it sure makes for a pretty picture!

• smokinsop,
    I did up some for Christmas Eve, 12 minutes indirect at about 350, I had put some EVOO and cut them prior to the cook to expose more of the meat. Clean grill very little smoke, was outstanding!!

• ChuckChuck Posts: 812
    <p />smokinsop,[p]You got the idea. I slit and oil them a little and use some alder smoke. The smoke seems to bring out the sweetness and alder isn't too harsh.[p]Chuck
  • 12nov06-053.jpg
    <p />Chuck,
    garnish with steak.

• MopMop Posts: 496
    Rick's Tropical Delight,...........jumpin jeezus man.......I just licked all the dustbunnies off my screen hopin to get a taste of that.........thats a gorgeous image.

• man o man ya can send me some o that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. lol,, great job man that;s what egg 'in is about! ken