Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recipe

Options
Ronbo
Ronbo Posts: 90
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
About a year ago I made something that I found here. I looked all through the submitted recipes and could not find it nor do I know what to call it. The best I can rember is that it had[p]A hard boiled egg, jimmy dean sausage wrapped around it, dipped in breadcrumbs maybe??? and then smoked. I can't remember for sure except that I liked them am and now I can't remember exactly what it was. Does what I describe sound familiar to anyone?[p]Thank you

Comments

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Ronbo,
    armadillo eggs?
    bob

[ul][li]armadillo eggs[/ul]
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Ronbo,[p]Are you thinking of scotch eggs...or Armadillo eggs? The Armadillo eggs are a little cheese filled fatty, the cheese is colored with food coloring. The scotch eggs a a small fatty have a hardboiled egg inside and are usually deep fried but either are sometimes dusted in Shake-N-Bake for a crust.[p]~thirdeye~

[ul][li]Scotch Egg[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Richard
    Richard Posts: 698
    Options
    Ronbo,
    Hope this helps. Happy New Year! Sorry pics will not post from the source. check your mail[p]Eggs, Scottish, Fishlessman

These are scottish eggs. wrap the hard boiled, peeled eggs in sausage and refridge til they set up a little. dip into an egg mixture then roll in bread crumbs and bake indirect at about 375 until the sausage is done. sweet italian, and fresh keilbasa both work well. I make a few and nuke for breakfast during the week with a little mustard.

the way ive done it in the past, hard boiled peeled eggs, roll in flour wrap in sausage meat (i have used sweet italian, but a breakfast sausage like jimmy dean or even a fresh keilbasa would work well),coat again with flour, refridgerate for about an hour to get it to setup, quick egg bath and roll gently with bread crumbs. bake inderect high in the dome at about 350 to 375 for about 20-25 minutes until sausage looks cooked

Recipe Type
    Breakfast

Recipe Source
    Author: Ffishlessman[p]Source: BGE Forum, Fishlessman, 12/27/05

[p]

• Ronbo
    Ronbo Posts: 90
    Options
    Richard,
    That is it! Thank you so much. My daughter's birthday is tomorrow and she asked me to make them and I couldn't for the life of me remember how I had made them