Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New member -- Eggsquisite ribs

CabdriverCabdriver Posts: 69
edited 9:58AM in EggHead Forum
Been barbeque'ng for years. Recently got a BGE -- Cooked 3 racks of baby backs according to the 3/1/1.5 method and what an amazing difference. Meat was falling off the bone with just the right amount of smoke. The egg is fantastic! Read all sorts of posts on this web site and really didn't have too much trouble regulating the temperature. Ran about 250 F for about 5.5 hours constant.
Here's my baby.
DSC_0633.jpg[p]Trying to upload photos for the first time. Hope it works. Here is the temp reading. No, I didn't rig it.
DSC_0635.jpg[p]So here are the final results. We all enjoyed them tremendously. Look forward to many rewarding cookouts.
DSC_0637.jpg[p]Final product:
DSC_0638.jpg[p]If there are no photos here, I'll try again. This is a bit tough for a first time post.

·

Comments

• Those look good. Can't wait to give my BGE a whirl.
    ·
  • cabdriver,[p]SHOW-OFF!!!![p]
    Great job.....posting the pics and the BBQ results![p]Let me warn you that it is a really slippery slope, but a great one. I ordered my second BGE after only six weeks of the first.[p]Happy New Year!![p]Gordy in Arizona wishing I had picture posting skills such as these, soon to come though thanks to the TNW. Oh yeh since you are new here that is "The Naked Whiz"

·
  • cabdriver,
    Eggcellant pic and great looking bbr. keep up the good work.
    Bobby-FTW,Tx

·