Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dinner tonight...

SuperDave
SuperDave Posts: 319
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_0001-1.jpg
<p />Got the itch to do a little Egging this morning, so I put three slabs of Dizzy Pig coated Baby Backs on the Egg and 11:00a.m. and was picking my teeth by 5:00p.m. ! mmmmmmm gooood! Indirect with platesetter and drip pan over a full load of Royal Oak and Hickory chunks. 300º dome for 5 hours and they came out moist, tender and delicious! Success again, Thanks to Big Green Egg and DP BBQ Rubs![p]

Comments

• SuperDave
    Great cook, I did the same thing today. See post above. I did foil mine and it sounds like you didn't, is that the way you did them, no foil? I will try that the next time. Enjoy, AZ[p]

• AZ Traveler,[p] I've foiled before but had mushy ribs.... too tender if that's possible. This cook I passed on the foil, however when I brought them in I foiled them and rested them for about an hour before serving them up. They turned out great, give it a try sometime.[p] Hows the weather out your way? We've had rain all day in SW Oklahoma, I guess you're getting some snow?[p]Cheers!

• SuperDave ,[p] Did you put water or someother liquid in your drip pan? I was just curious, because I am planning my first rib cook on the egg.
  • SuperDave,[p]I will try doing them without the foil the next time. They sound good that way.
    The snow has left our state and is headed your way. Looks like Texas got some storms today. Hope my sis in Okla. City didn't get hit to hard.
    Enjoy the weekend. AZ