Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Wiggle rod

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Today I did some burgers for my second cook on my egg. Used leftover lump from a chicken cook. Had trouble getting temp above about 280 then I remembered the wiggle rod trick, by the time I got several of the holes cleaned and looked back the egg was trucking past 350. After this I got to wondering when I put the BGE together I remember the charcoal grate holes kind of being funnel shaped, I put the funnel part pointing down, I thought if I put the bigger holes on the top it would be more likely to plug up. Did I put this piece in right? Burgers were very good, used Raising the Steaks. Just had 2 of them for supper and feel like I'm gonna pop, like Lays potatoe chips you can't eat just one.

Comments