Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Wiggle rod

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Today I did some burgers for my second cook on my egg. Used leftover lump from a chicken cook. Had trouble getting temp above about 280 then I remembered the wiggle rod trick, by the time I got several of the holes cleaned and looked back the egg was trucking past 350. After this I got to wondering when I put the BGE together I remember the charcoal grate holes kind of being funnel shaped, I put the funnel part pointing down, I thought if I put the bigger holes on the top it would be more likely to plug up. Did I put this piece in right? Burgers were very good, used Raising the Steaks. Just had 2 of them for supper and feel like I'm gonna pop, like Lays potatoe chips you can't eat just one.

Comments