Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butts on........................

Options
MickeyT
MickeyT Posts: 607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
View?u=474327&a=10378379&p=44623584&Sequence=0&res=high
<p />Does this look yummy or what?????[p]Put on last night @ 6 bells, got up @ 2 to check, Mr. Medium was hummin @ 200. Moved my split a hair and went back to bed. Got up @ 5:30, temp right @ 250 where I wanted it. Temp 176 @ 6:00. Kinda want to go fishin even though it's 28 degrees. Maybe I'll wait.[p]Will post finished product.[p]Happy Saturday all!!!!!!!!!!!!!![p]Let's see............hmmmmmmmm.........what should I have for lunch today??????? :)[p]Mick

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    MickeyT.,[p]I had my sea bag packed and ready to go when Mr Nixon said he no longer wanted anymore people in Viet N. so he decided to end the draft...........whewww. What time is 6 bells? I thought they di one every 1/2 hr but that would be as much as 48 bells and that would be quite noisy at 2330.[p]Good looking Butt you have there. What size Egg is that in? I like that big drip pan too.[p]Tim
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Tim M,
    Thought you would find this interesting!![p]Bells for timekeeping[p]Before the advent of the chronometer time at sea was measured by the trickle of sand through a half - hour glass. One of the ship's boys had the duty of watching the glass and turning it when the sand had run out. When he turned the glass, he struck the bell as a signal that he had performed this vital function. From this ringing of the bell as the glass was turned evolved the tradition of striking the bell once at the end of the first half hour of a four hour watch, twice after the first hour, etc., until eight bells marked the end of the four hour watch. The process was repeated for the succeeding watches. This age-old practice of sounding the bell on the hour and half hour has its place in the nuclear and missile oriented United States Navy at the dawn of the Twenty-First Century, regulating daily routine, just as it did on our historic vessels under sail in the late Eighteenth Century.[p]

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    Tim M,[p]6 bells in Mickey lingo is 6 a.m.[p]The big drip pan came from Costco or Sam's. Not quite sure which. If you look closely you can see the left side caving in slightly. My "V" rack is a little too big. Works okay though. Temp is 188 @ 7 bells.[p]Have got a full load of jerky goin on Mr. Big in a few minutes. I like taking pictures so I'll post one of that as well.[p]The butt is on a medium Tim.[p]Chose to go rock climbing with my son instead of fishing.[p]Where the hell is spring. No wise cracks from you "suthon folks" either. :>)[p]Mick

• JJ
    Options
    MickeyT.,
    Its been a exceptionally bad winter even for us "Suthon folk"

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    MickeyT.,
    It is going to be 75 here today,i got to cut my grass this morning,I hope i can find my sun screen.[p]Larry

• JJ
    Options
    YB,
    Come over and cut my lawn too. My mower is in the shop and the grass is high. Only going up to 70* as a cool front is approaching.

• YB
    Options
    JJ,
    I will start packing as soon as i get through here.[p]Larry

• JJ
    Options
    YB,
    Kathy and I are headed to Atlanta about 10:00A.M. but cold beer is in the fridge. Feel free to fire up one of the EGGs and get dinner started. hehe

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    YB,[p]Hey Larry: Come & cut our grass as well. Hee Hee[p]Earl
  • Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    atv.JPG
    <p />YB,[p]Hey Larry: Come & cut our grass as well. Hee Hee[p]Earl[p]Forgot the pic.
  • YB
    Options
    Earl,
    I love that picture,what is that white stuff.Azaleas and dogwoods are in full bloom here.We have bus loads of people from all over the US here this weekend to tour some of the big homes gardens,in 2 weeks their will be thousands of people here for the Master's golf tournament,Augusta is the Garden City of the South.[p]Larry

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Earl, strange, that looks exactly like my backyard a week ago..Never tried ice fishing tho. Once you slide down my back yard slope there would be no getting home again..!! Even lost a couple of meter readers this last winter. (grin)
    Bice photo!!
    C~W[p]