Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First timer - best burger I've ever eaten.

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Bought a used large Egg yesterday from a fella. Great guy - had gone and bought me a "Egghead" cap, some starters and gave me a bag of charcoal. Also, gave me a new firebox and ring for the egg (current firebox is slightly cracked - I'll use it just the same). [p]Anyway, had a good time on the first run tonite. [p]Swerved all over the place on temperature. Finally got it settled right around 300 degrees. [p]Decided to cook some burgers for my first try. Had mixed it with an egg (seemed appropriate), some Montreal steak seasoning, a little Mexican spice I use from time to time, some coarse black pepper and a little Dale's mixed in. [p]Cooked at 300 degrees for 11 minutes a side. Dropped a very small handful of wet mesquite chips on the fire. [p]Put a little cheddar on em for the last 3 minutes or so. [p]Just finished 2 of em. Cooked perfectly. Never had a burger that juicy. Almost too messy to eat. [p]Great taste. Honestly believe is the best burger I've ever eaten. [p]Big question now is what to cook tomorrow nite. [p]I'm sold. [p]This could be addicting. [p]

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Bubba_T,[p] Could be addictive?? OK Fellow Eggers show of hands Who has more then one egg? My hand is up :)[p] Enquiring minds want to know what this Mexican Spice is?[p] Ohhh yeah don't forget to read the The Naked Whiz Website. There will be a test at the end.[p] Welcome to Eggland!!![p]
  • MCG DAWG
    Options
    Bubba_T,[p]I'd recommend you go buy a 2 inch thick filet, olive oil/salt&pepper it, and cook it for about 4-5 minutes a side at 500 degrees. You'll thank me later. [p]Also, can't emphasize enough reading the nakedwhiz site cover to cover, especially the FAQ section and the recipes. [p]Once you're comfortable with the egg, try a T-rex cook of a steak like the one mentioned above and you'll thank me again. That method is also on the nakedwhiz site. [p]

• Bubba_T,
    it's over bubba.[p]all you will be able to think about is what you will cook next.[p]it will consume you.[p]welcome to the show! we're so glad you could attend!

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Bubba_T,
    Welcome! Great times with great food is in your future...now that you have the egg. Try your hand at spatchcock chicken, allows time to fiddle with the lower draft door and top vent. Go to nakedwhiz.com, great information site.
    Good luck and have fun! P.S. The egg IS addicting. Food and Drug Administration's warning lable;........ WARNING, The BGE may become addicting with the inability to stop smoking food. Symptoms may include; Drooling, lump charcoal dust on hands and face, persistant odor of wood smoke on clothing, burnt arm hair and sometimes facial hair, BBQing in a cold rain at 3:00 A.M., having huge spice inventory, behavior of manic excitement followed by deep calm when cooking supper, taking in sleep about raised grid, wiggle rod, mop sauce and butts. Seek professional help if you have one or more these symptoms.......... [p]To be honest, I'm addicted and I got professional help from my doctor. I recommend drbbq, he is really good and has two books out. Go to drbbq.com

• Lady in the Shoe
    Options
    ClayQ,
    You know i am thinking of askig drbbq to marry me.