Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Forum Made The Slaw

RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Aka Eighth Inning Slaw[p]Baseball, Beer and BBQ … Naw dats watt I talkin’ bout! Heeeeeee!
Too bad we are going to get snow tonight after a nice 54-degree day.[p]The Tribe just finished a 1-0 win over KC. Who ever heard of a pitchers duel in Spring Training. Bartolo Colon that’s who with 7K’s. For those of you who do not know who he is, you will.[p]The butt is humming along at cool 220 with an internal of around 105 after some 4 hours. The dome temp is stuck nicely; hopefully the fire will make it through the night. [p]Well, back to what I came to tell you about.[p]Eighth Inning Slaw[p]1 Small head of cabbage
1 Red Onion
2 Carrots
1 Apple, Empire I think sprinkled with the juice from half a fresh lemon for MikeO, Glenn and Molly
½ cup raisins
½ cup chopped pecans, dry toasted in a cast iron skillet
some celery seed for Cat
some Caraway Seed for Glenn
Fresh ground Tellicherry Black pepper
Marzettii’ Slaw dressing to cover[p]I ran the veggies through the shredder and mixed everything else in.
It was great when I tasted it. I cannot wait for tomorrow when the flavors have had a chance to set.[p]Sorry C~W, I peeled the apple.[p]Life is good,
RhumAndJerk

Comments