Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Years Eve party menu . .

Options
MCG DAWG
MCG DAWG Posts: 59
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
. . .gotta cook for about 20 or so folks coming over for new years. Here's my menu so far.[p]Pulled Pork - 2 8lb shoulders to finish by 3pm day of event
ABT's - probably 50-60
Chicken Wings - 36 whole wings
Bacon Wrapped Venison Tenderloin Medallions- locally grown and harvested by .270 three weeks ago. ;-)
15 lbs of various smoked pork/chicken sausage
3-4 fatties (never done them before, they turn out bad I'm chunking them)[p]And a large pot of Brunswick Stew not done on the egg, but containing pork shoulder meat that was egged. [p]We'll be handing out free Lipitor with all servings![p]Anyone else throwing open the egg and cooking every last piece of dead cow/pig/chicken/deer they can get their hands on?

Comments

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    MCG DAWG,
    I here you. Here is mine:
    2 5 lb brisket flats(large BGE)
    1 8 lb butt(large BGE)
    4 salami's(icemans recipe)
    1 3lb deer summer sausage(harvested by stepson and processed by me)large BGE to 165 internal
    1 40 quart pot of jambalya(recipe compliments of Ricky Breaux, Gonzalas World Champ 4 times)propane burner
    150 lbs shrimp(boiled)propane burner
    1 cord of beer(iced)[p]It's gonna be a heck of a party!!!!

• MCG DAWG
    Options
    ronbeaux,[p]Just how many you cooking for? Wow, 150 lbs of shrimp sure isn't cheap! And I've never heard of a "cord" of beer . . just how much is that?[p]Love you cajun types, other than right before the game and the chants of "Tiger Bait" the LSU folks in Baton Rouge are some of my favorites to tailgate/party/eat with.
  • ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    MCG DAWG,
    Right now the list is 50 for Saturday, but some will get there Friday Night and be hungry(and probably stay through Sunday.) I've cooked for two days to get ready and will re-heat things up when needed.
    A "cord" of beer simply put means....A LOT!! As in a cord of fire wood, which we also have set up to be delivered.

• FatDog
    FatDog Posts: 164
    Options
    MCG DAWG,
    Cooking for about 12, I'll be making ...[p]-Pork tenderloin medallions with a maple syrup/Maker's Mark glaze
    -Poblano peppers stuffed with refried beans, shreaded chicken, and cheddar cheese
    -Roasted oysters
    -Collard greens and black eyed peas
    -Cornbread[p]Doc

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    MCG DAWG, personally, I don't think the Fatties compete with all the rest. If you want them to stand out on their own, I'd suggest reserving them for the after midnight nibbles with a few biscuits. That will really WOW your guests.

• FatDog
    Options
    Wise One,
    OK, everyone ... I've seen the word "fatties" being bandied about on the site ... what are fatties and how are they made?[p]

• FatDog
    Options
    FatDog,
    Nevermind! A bit of web searching has answered my question. Now, off to the butcher.