Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another meal that I won't eat out again

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooked my first Prime Rib on the egg for our Christmas dinner yesterday. 10LB Aged Hereford Beef. Expensive hunk of meat. I followed Max's suggestions on the cooking temps. Rubbed with a paste of EVO, salt and pepper, and fresh rosemary. Pulled at 125 and foiled. As it was cooling threw some aspargus on and served with big bakers and a homemade caesar. Served 8 of us and all agreed that this was the best Christmas meal they had ever eaten. The prime rib was amazing.. hoping my big peice leftover is still in the fridge tonight. I have eaten a lot of prime rib and won't eat it out again... along with any kind of BBQ, Steaks etc.. that the egg has ruined for me. I am scared to try Pizza as that is the one thing I can eat out in a pinch... Thanks to the forum for the wealth of knowledge out here.

Comments

• BigT
    BigT Posts: 385
    Options
    lovetoegg,[p]That's pizza's saving grace- even when it's bad it's pretty good.[p]Big T

• Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    lovetoegg,[p]I'm beginning to "Egg" pizzas. If you have a Publix grocery in your area, they sell fresh pizza dough for about $1.65 a bag. It makes a terrfic pie and is so cheap I haven't tried making dough from scratch. I agree with you about not desiring restaurant steak, prime rib, etc. going forward.[p]Roudy

• 20061225_0485.jpg
    <p />lovetoegg,[p]I think MadMax's best advice is to just not overcook it! I pulled the two of mine at 125 and once again, my parents raved that it was the best Prime Rib they have ever eaten. They said the same thing last year and my parents love going out to eat Prime Rib. They've been spoiled and now they love the egg as well.[p]Here is another close up picture of the 2nd prime rib that was left for leftovers. The first one was eaten and disappeared quickly.
  • BigT,
    Egged pizza is the best. You can use freshly made pizza with Publix dough or use a frozen extra cheese pizza and add your own ingredients i.e. hot Italian sausage and mushrooms and Italian cheeses! Crispy and delicious! Better than take out because you control the fats and it is so delicious. You have to try it soon![p]

• Memphis
    Memphis Posts: 144
    Options
    WVU_Egg, Also did a 7 bone prime rib for Christmas. Mine came out just like your. Med Rare all the way to the edges. Usually you go from med rare in the very center to medium/medium well at the edges. Max's recipe is great. The WHOLE thing was medium Rare !!!