Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lingonberries?

SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,358
edited 10:51AM in EggHead Forum

I have lingonberry smoking wood from a local source and have researched that it could be a great compliment to wild duck by using a lingonberry glaze as well.[p]Anyone have any experience in using this sweedish berry in cooking?[p]

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·

Comments

• SMITTYtheSMOKER,
    I've never cooked with Lingonberry's but I've had them prepared with Reigndeer in Sweden. Delicious!

·
  • AlaskanCAlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    I love lingonberries! They are really good with potato pancakes (latkes), and I've made a glaze to use on pork tenderloin with them. You can use pretty much any recipe that calls for cranberries.
    ·
  • EggRacerEggRacer Posts: 400
    SMITTYtheSMOKER,[p]I always liked the Lingonberry syrup at IHop.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
    ·