Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A big thank you to Mad Max

Options
Sandman
Sandman Posts: 36
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made your "Jewish Brisket" tonight for our clan- a huge hit- it was excellant- Thanks for the recipe.

Comments

• Lucky Duck
    Options
    Sandman ,
    I saw your post and had to reply. I did pastrami for Christmas here and I'd love to try "Jewish brisket". Give me a hint... If it's brisket, I must give it a go. [p]Best Wishes to you and Marina this holiday season and always!

• Sandman
    Options
    Lucky Duck,[p]Thanks for the kind wishes-its a 4 hour brisket-[p]Basically- you smoke it on indrect for about 1 hour at about 250. - Then put it in a pan. Fill the pan with Wine ( I used vegetable broth covering about 3/4 of the brisket on 350 for another hour. [p]Then put in pearl onions, carrots and cover with aluminum foil for the next 2 hours. As Max said, it isn't like acompetative Brisket, but its awfully good. [p]Do we see you and the wife in June again I hope? [p]Thanks, Mickey

• Lucky Duck
    Options
    Sandman ,
    Phil... No, FILL the pan w/ wine? What kind? Red or white?[p]Yes, My Bobby and I will be in Santa Clara in June for the fest. Our Friends from Idaho are planning to too... Errr Also! We'll look forward to it. Are you cooking? Could ya would ya do something Jewish? How cool would that be? Very cool.[p]Phil, D' looking forward to June Duck[p]

• Sandman
    Options
    Phil-[p]The recipe calls for Red wine. I would be happy to cook, the only problem with your request is that the brisket is the first "jewish" thing I have cooked on the egg. [p]See you in June my friend, Mickey [p]
  • Lucky Duck
    Options
    Sandman ,
    Hi Mickey...
    OK...What part of the 4 hour brisket did you consider "Jewish"? Truthfully, I got a kick out of your, first Jewish thing is the brisket... But there must be something that you can adapt. No Ga-fil-ta fish! I mean no disrespect, but it just doesn't look so good in that jar.... [p]I have a pic I'd like to send on and I don't remember where I might have put your e mail addy... If you would... Damned the spam![p]PBCJKSF@SBCGLOBAL.NET[p]Phil, D' Glad Christmas Din Din is over and I wish they would have taken the left over desserts w/ them Duck

• Sandman
    Options
    Phil-[p]Join the club, I can't stand ga filta fish either- I call it the jewish brisket because mad max called it that and it isn't a traditional bbq brisket -[p]anyhow, my email is mfine@fineandchais.com[p]Thanks. Mickey