Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Price Increase ... Yikes

Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Having dinner with friends (who just purchased an EGG) tomorrow night and stopped to pick up some firebricks as a gift. "THE PRICE HAS JUMPED" since I last purchased them. I was paying about $0.68 each for them (probably over a year ago). Now, they are $1.00!!! That’s a 48% increase! I know, they ar still CHEAP, but I'm almost expecting to start seeing "$1.50 Stores" popping up!![p]Smokey

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Smokey,[p]Ah, quit your yappin' and go buy a $399 Large![p]Just kidding. Too bad you can't make it to Waldorf this year. You'll be missed. Very cute picture of dog you posted the other day, by the way.[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• Smokey
    Cornfed,[p]$399 for a lg with the SS vent door sounds like a good one! How's the doctored up small working? Did you get a mini? and what beer are you brewin' for Eggfest? Jobu's wife can probably help with labels if you ank nicely (she did the labels on the chocolate bars last year)![p]Smokey[p]"Go Je... I don't think so"![p]
  • Smokey
    Cornfed,[p]$399 for a lg with the SS vent door sounds like a good one! How's the doctored up small working? Did you get a mini? and what beer are you brewin' for Eggfest? Jobu's wife can probably help with labels if you ank nicely (she did the labels on the chocolate bars last year)![p]Smokey[p]"Go Je... I don't think so"![p]
  • Smokey,[p] Funny, last time I went to the brickyard, I told the guy at the counter I wanted to get some firebrick splits. He asked me how many and I said, "Not many, just six." He said, "Six pallettes?" I responded, "No, six bricks." He laughed, and said "Man, you're kidding me, just go out back and grab six bricks off the pile," at which pooint he put his invoice pad away and pulled out a little yellow sticky on which wrote, "Please release six fire brick splits," and signed his name. I took the sticky out back and gave it to the guy on the forklift who drove away for a bit. He came back with six full-size fire bricks and said, "Sorry, but we don't have any splits so I brought you these." I thanked him and took them home. Went over to my friend's house. He just put in a brick sidewalk and has a masonry blade for his miter saw. Now I have twelve splits, a few of which I cut up into various sizes to use in my small BGE![p]MikeO
  • Smokey
    MikeO,[p]The guy did ask why only a few bricks and when I told him about the egg, he looked at me, shook his head and laughed a bit. Then he sent me into the yard and said just pick em up![p]Smokey