Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

rain????

I will be smoking a turkey tonight..in Florida..if the egg gets wet..because we are going to get some rain..will it harm my big green egg????
·

Comments

• uncbbquncbbq Posts: 165
    Chip Brown,
    No problem at all. There have been some incredible photos on this site of folks egging in downpours. Have at it.

·
  • HaggisHaggis Posts: 998
    Chip Brown,[p]"Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!"[p]"Help me, I'm melting . . . "[p]The answer is, no, your Egg will keep on chugging in any and all weather conditions provided it doesn't get completely flooded through the vents. Light rain won't hurt at all. Some folks rig up a coffee can or something similar to keep things a bit drier.[p]
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,585
    IMG_0209.jpg
    <p />Chip Brown,
    no problem, but during some storms here in the midwest we can get real gully washers so I prefer an inexpensive cap like this. Get one at the HVAC section of any big box store like orange or blue. It's merely a roof top vent cover. Just remember they get HOT !

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    Chip Brown,[p] Only if the amount of rising water does exceed the displacement volume of the egg. It might sink in which case the fire will go out..[p] If you egg sinks call me. I specialize in Deep Water Egg recovery. :)[p]
    ·
  • HaggisHaggis Posts: 998
    Celtic Wolf,[p]Do you claim salvage rights in such cases?
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    Haggis,[p] Shhhhhh! You aren't supposed to tell people that!! GEESH!!!
    ·
  • Chip Brown,
    I egged a small brisket through a storm that knocked out the power, took down 2 "specimen" trees, caused a couple of 30' pine trees to lean, beat all the plants around the house to death from the wind and hail, and did about $30,000 worth of damage to the house. It was blowing so hard, you couldn't see anything. I thought Mr. Egg was going to be spread all over the neighborhood, but he never moved, and just kept right on cooking. We had sammiches late, by candlelight. No problem.[p]Mike in MN

·