Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Beef and Extra Foiling Time - Terrific ! ! !

Options
Green_Giant
Green_Giant Posts: 25
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Many thanks to Gfw for his link to a pulled beef recipe. While the effort was a whim at first, and haphazard in application, the end result was really good ![p]Synopsis: Started with just under 2 lbs of chuck roast, which I coated liberally with montreal steak seasoning and yellow mustard. Smoked over hickory indirect at 225-250 for 6 hrs. Double foiled and covered with maple syrup, and cooked foiled for another 4 hrs at approximately 250. [p]I say approximately as I took my boys out sledding and then we immediately grabbed some dinner as they were starved. This took me away from my egg duties after the foiling step. I figured both the pork and the beef would get overcooked, but was not overly concerned, as today's effort was about $10 of meat. But much to my surprise it was not overcooked. The egg had gone out and cooled to about 150 degrees. Both the pork (which had been foiled with some coca-cola) and the chuck were super tender and juicy, and pulled like butter. This estra cook time may be overkill, but I think from now on I'll give the foiling cooking extra time. [p]I am really sorry I've already eaten dinner! This is going to be some good lunch tomorrow before the Broncos game! Dickson

Comments