Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cranberry something....

Options
Wardster
Wardster Posts: 1,006
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is what I have been told to bring to a dinner. Was curious to hear some of your thoughts on making things with cranberries. I assume as a side type dish....[p]Thanks again.
Apollo Beach, FL

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Wardster,
    My favorite involves opening both sides of a can of jellied cranberries and slice between the groves with a butter knife. You can get fancy and layer the slices if it's a nice party.

• Wardster,
    1 pkg fresh cranberries
    1 orange
    1 apple
    1 cup (or more, to taste)[p]cut the apple and orange into eighths. place cranberries, apple and orange into a food processor (might need to split in half depending on your food processor size) and grind. put it in a bowl and add the sugar. let it sit a few hrs in the fridge and check for sweetness. optional: add 1/2 cup or more chopped pecans.[p]Ken

• 1 cup SUGAR (you probably figured that out)

• Banker John
    Options
    Ken Baker,
    This sounds good .... with some RUM!! LOL[p]Banker John

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Well Bobby, how creative!!!

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    Ken Baker,[p]Glad you caught the sugar oversight - my niece did this once for her new inlaws and forgot to put enough in - what a disaster! This recipe is an old new england one - I grew up with my folks doing it every year back in the 1950s only they used a meat grinder and it was much more labor intensive. The texture was better- but the food processor is a God-send! Now I do it once a year with six bags of berries (still with only a couple apples and oranges)and freeze it - its great with roast chicken also, and my wife makes cranberry bread from boxes and adds it to augment the flavor . I definitely recommend this relish![p]
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Perfect!! Thanks Ken...
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    4c07ea4d.jpg
    <p />Ken Baker,[p]I used a similar relish and planked it Chubby style for an appetizer. This is a 1# wheel sliced in half.[p]Happy Holidays
    <font size="4" color="green">~t<html><font size="4" color="red">h<html><font size="4" color="blue"><font size="4" color="blue">i<html><html><font size="4" color="orange">r<html><font size="4" color="green">d<html><font size="4" color="red">e<html><font size="4" color="blue">y<html><font size="4" color="orange">e<font size="4"<font size="4" color="red">~<html><font size="4" color="black"><html>

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    nmsg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery