Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken's on! What y'all got cookin'????

Options
SouthOfI10
SouthOfI10 Posts: 213
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Woooohoooo! [p]I been painting on a bathroom most of my vacation day today, but I just so happened to throw this chicken in the brine last night. Seems only fair to post the cook and see what my fellow Eggers are charrin. That's DP Shaking the Tree on the outside of the bird. Notice my two new fire bricks??? Tractor Supply has them on sale right now for $1.68. Can't beat that.[p]DSC00665.jpg[p]I still say that Original Lump sparks more than it should....[p]DSC00670b.jpg[p]Y'all have a great evening, and if I don't talk to you before, have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. [p]Scott

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    ribeye.jpg
    <p />SouthOfI10,
    Thanks to Sandbagger. I have a ribeye waiting to go on with scallops. I almost cried when I saw how small they were compared to his. Scallops![p]Mike

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    SouthOfI10,
    Bird looks good, you sure you're not burning Kingsford lump in there? That's some serious sparking. -RP

• Flashback Bob
    Options
    SouthOfI10,
    Sorry, no pics.
    I did a "quick" little cook. - pork tenderloin w/ EVOO, Farlic seasoning, Turbinado sugar, sea salt and Shakin the Tree (never tried on Pork before). Cooked direct 350 - 400 for about 25 minutes-turning every 5 to 6.[p]Tender, juicy, awesome!

• SouthOfI10
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Be jealous not of another man's bivalves.... Heeee.

• SouthOfI10
    Options
    AZRP,
    I've never seen lump spark like this..or ash like this. Still better than the plywood I found in Cowboy, though. I'm hording my 4 bags of Royal Oak until next spring and must make due with these issues....

• SouthOfI10
    Options
    Flashback Bob,[p]Mmmmm, I love pork tenderloin. What's "Farlic seasoning"????
  • SouthOfI10,[p]I don't have any pics yet either, but I'm doing 2 slabs of baby backs, coated in mustard, cajun seasoning, dizzy dust, and cowlick. They are resting in foil now and my drool from the aroma is starting to become a problem![p]Happy Egging,
    Chris

• hayhonker
    Options
    SouthOfI10,
    I GOT NOTHING!
    Until tomorrow that is...lol
    11 pound rib roast, Molly's potato casserole w/ Cheeze Whiz and HAPS wraps (Ham, Asparagus, Parm, Swiss).[p]Then we're off to Florida for 5 days visiting the grand-folks.
    They don't have an egg but they do have a gigantic crab cooker.[p]All the best to ya!

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Yo Scott!
    Looks good mang! I cooked 5 chickens this morning on a large and medium, pulled them, and took them to my daughters school party. Then I took all the bones and stuff and threw them in a big pot with some heavy onions and a bunch of water. Now I am putting the finishing touches on a serious pot of tortilla soup. Nice light smokey flavor. Yowza.[p]Meery Christmas dewd!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • SouthOfI10
    Options
    ccraig4604,
    Dude, ribs are truly my weakness... My lunch today was five leftover baby back ribs and a glass of Gator Aide....

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    SouthOfI10,[p] I will admit I used the Stove top tonight. I cooked a recipe I watched Emeril make. Vodka Spaghetti.. BAM!![p]
  • SouthOfI10,[p]Speaking of ribs being a weakness, I almost ate BOTH slabs of ribs by myself!!! My wife and kids fell asleep watching a movie and I had them all to myself. What a shame for me! I am truly a sucker for some BGE'ed baby backs!!! [p]What's planned for the holiday dinner? I went to the butcher today and bought 3 honking porterhouses and 4 filets. I have a couple of days to think of the seasoning, but I'm thinking Raising the Steaks....

• Nature Boy,[p]Hey Chris, I got my Dad a 5-bottle sample pack for X-mas. I can't wait for him to open it. He will definitely be jazzed. My mom opened each of them and tasted them before she wrapped them for me. She had only praises! Thanks for the great products. I even gave my neighbor who cooks on a weber kettle some samples. I'm certain you will have a new customer soon!![p]Again, thanks for the great products and have a great holiday![p]Chris
  • Flashback Bob
    Options
    SouthOfI10,
    heheheh....'Farlic' is what garlic looks like when you don't look while you're typin'[p]

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    SouthOfI10,
    Love chicken,- came home to find my sweetie carving up two split chicks she egged with Shakin the Tree DP Seasonin. Oh that chicken was good. I made her a gin martini, shaken not stirred in return. Yeah, tis the season to be jolly. I like the fireworks in your pic, a little action goin on.
    Merry Christmas,
    Clay and Diana

• SouthOfI10
    Options
    SouthOfI10,
    Wooooooooooooo! Does anyone else love their Egg? Although I don't have a name for mine, I love her truly.... This was the chicken that pulled at 168F on the left breast...
    DSC00672.jpg[p]All cut up...
    DSC00675-1.jpg[p]Sooooo dry.....
    DSC00678.jpg[p]This will be my oh so delicious noodle soup tomorrow..[p]DSC00681.jpg[p]What about Lola??? Can I name her Lola????[p]Sweet, sweet Eggilicious goodness.[p]Dang, I love vacation...[p]Cheers.

• SouthOfI10
    Options
    Flashback Bob,
    Heeeee. What's worse is that I should have known that you were talking about garlic.....

• SouthOfI10
    Options
    ClayQ,
    Me likes chicken too....[p]Merry Christmas, fella.

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    SouthOfI10, [p]Today, a turkey, & oysters smoked on a bed of rosemary. Thanks to Gretl (?) for the oyster tip. Just put on a brisket and when that comes off in the A.M. I've got 14 more pounds of salmon to smoke plus 3 racks of ribs to cook to reheat Christmas night.[p]The Appledogs are BUSY!
  • AZRP
    Options
    J Appledog,
    Julie, just curious, what are you doing with all this salmon? BTW, gave all but 2 jars of your mustard out as gifts, the stuff is really good. -RP

• AZRP
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    AND? -RP

• AZRP
    Options
    SouthOfI10,
    I had 15 bags of RO and 10 bags of B&B stashed for winter but I'm at least a quarter through it and yesterday was the first day of winter. -RP

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Thanks, AZRP. My neighbors and friends buy the salmon. A local caterer also. I can't smoke it fast enough! Did you get any at EGGtoberfest?[p]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Thanks Chris! Hope your Pop enjoys them.
    And that all of your family has a great holiday, and that you come out on the other side with a full belly and a chilled brain!
    Holiday Cheers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ