Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Speaking of Chutney Pork Loins...

Options
sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Dont have the recipe here to post, don't even know if it will be good, but it sure sounds good. Peach and Brandy glazed Pork Loin with Apricot Herb Chutney. This is planned for Sunday, have some people coming over in the evening. If its a winner I'll post the recipe.[p]The Peaches and Brandy (and other stuff) are reduced to make a syrup of sorts, then the loin is basted with that every 10 minutes or so. The recipe calls for cooking at 400 for about an hour. I think I'll take it down a bit to 325-350 and extend the time. Give the basting more time to work itself into the meat. The chutney is then served as a side with the loin. Should be good, fingers are crossed.[p]Troy

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    sprinter,
    Is that the recipe from the magazine cooking Pleasures? If so, what are your thoughts on the Cooking Club of America?
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,[p]You got it, sounded like a winner to me. I subscribe to the CCA more for the magazine than for anything. It has some pretty good recipes in it and has some pretty good tips on occasion. Never have been picked to "test" one of the products, still send in the cards every month though in hopes that I'll be picked to test a new Vulcan Gas stove or something. (when pigs fly) But, overall the magazine is worth the price of admission to me. Generally can pick a few recipes out of each issue that are good.[p]Troy
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    sprinter,
    That is about my take on it. I have never sent in my post cards, maybe I should. I still like Cooks Illustrated better, but both magazines compliment each other nicely.
    R&J