Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon pate

Options
J Appledog
J Appledog Posts: 1,046
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have a good recipe for salmon pate or dip? I've got scraps left from smoking 40 pounds. I'd like to see it in a different form at this point![p]Thanks in advance.[p]Julie

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    J Appledog,[p]I know we have made some fillings for pierogies, tortellini and ravioli with smoked salmon that was really good. Sorry, no recipes at hand, that is Mrs thirdeye's department. She is in Chicago today.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    J Appledog,
    Can't help ya with that but, I got your mustard yesterday. I put some on some thin sliced fatties for lunch today, fabulous! -RP

• Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    Smoked Salmon Pate recipe

1 pound smoked bluefish fillet
    1/2 pound cream cheese
    1/4 cup butter
    3 tablespoons minced onion
    2 tablespoons Cognac
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    Freshly ground pepper

Puree Salmon, cream cheese, room temperature butter and Cognac in food processor. Add onion, lemon juice and Worcestershire. Pulse machine on and off to combine. Taste and season with pepper, and with salt if needed. Pack into a crock and serve with crackers or melba toast.

Will keep in refrigerator for 4 or 5 days, or may be frozen for up to 3 months.

Makes about 4 cups.
  • J Appledog,
    take your scraps and put them in a food processor with a package of cream cheese, add some lemon pepper, salt and lemon juice to take....then give it a whirl..ha....then adjuct seasonings...

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    100_0956.jpg
    <p />J Appledog,
    if your looking for something different this pie is pretty good. havenot tried it with salt water salmon, just the fresh water stuff we have here but i think it would be fine. i dont have a pate recipe, and salmon is not my favorite fish, but the stuffing pie i made from some leftovers was really good. if you do make it, make the sauce as well

[ul][li]recipe[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it