Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for a pork roast recipe

Options
Haggis
Haggis Posts: 998
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife decided I'd be doing a beef tenderloin for Christmas day but then told me to figure out what to cook for Christmas eve - it'll be a small group of six or seven. She's pushing roast duck but I'm leaning towards pork loin or tenderloin.[p]I'm looking for a good recipe that will convince her - does anyone have recommendations for a top-notch fancy-pants pork dish?

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Haggis,
    i thought mr. toads 'island' tenderloin was THE BOMB at eggtoberfest 05. ...go to wessb's or naked whiz's site and look in the 2005 eggtoberfest cookbook. . . its very unique and really delicious. ..

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    wally, it wasn't in the cookbook afterall ... but i found where mr. toad emailed it to me. ...here it is. . ..[p]Island pork tenderloin[p]2 Pork Tender Loin
    1 cup coconut milk
    3 tbs jamaican jerk seasoning (Mrs Dogs Jamaican Jerk)
    2 tbs olive oil
    1/3 cup cream of coconut (Coco Casa Cream of Coconut)
    1/3 cup sour cream
    1/4 cup crushed pineapple - in own juice / drained
    1/4 cup shredded coconut [p]rum
    apple wood for smoking [p][p]rinse and pat dry pork loins inject each with the coconut milk - get as much as possible into the loin wrap tightly with plastic warp and refrigerate one hour and inject coconut milk once more - approximately 12 hr before cooking - rub olive oil and Jamaican Jerk over loin and re-wrap and continue to marinate until grilling time cook at 350 using raised grid and plate sitter - cook/smoke until internal temp. reaches 145 - smoke with apple wood toast -
    Sauce: add each of the following: coconut flakes, crushed drained pineapple, sour cream, cream of coconut - add to desired consistency
    let cooked loin rest for approximately 25 minutes - then slice into 3/8 inch slices - keeping the shape of the loin then cut sliced loin lengthwise, creating half moon pieces of the loin -serve liberally with the dipping sauce [p]
    Cooking Tips
    **smoke with apple wood - or a light wood of choice; **slice carefully, trying to keep shape of loin; **Dipping Sauce - Work with ingredients until a sauce consistency is achieved - drain pineapple well; **add light rum to taste; [p]

• Haggis
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Thanks, Max. That sounds like it might need a different kind of music to go with it . . . maybe a reggae version of White Christmas!
  • BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    3020410c.jpg
    <p />Haggis,
    I like to cook a bone in pork rib roast I coat the roast all over with Paul Proudhome pork seasoning. I cook at 325/350 to an internal temp of 145/150. Just don't overcook or it will dry out. You made me go out and buy one for tonights dinner. Good luck, Tom

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Haggis,
    I cook Q-Babe's coffee crusted pork tenderloins when I do a cook at the BGE dealer here and people rave about it. You'll get more 'Wows' than you can shake a stick at, and it's a real easy cook. Not saying anything negative about the recipe Max suggested, but for my taste, it's a little too sweet........

• Haggis
    Options
    egret,[p]Actually that was one I was looking for but didn't know where to find it. Can you direct me to it?
  • Haggis,
    if you wife wins the argument, roast duck is dead simple. i did one for my second Egg cook. after thawing, i used salt/pepper/vinegar and cooked indirect at 325. use a bit of your smoking wood of choice. i don't remember how long it took but basically same time/lb as other poultry. i made a raspberry/chipotle sauce that i think i found the recipe for here on the forum. it was a big hit.[p]Ken[p]

• Haggis
    Options
    egret,[p]Nevermind - I located it. Thanks!