Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help me help him

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It is my understanding that you are the people that I have lost my husband to. I understand that he is cooking our family supper more, but I would like to see him at some time in the future. The only time we can get together is when I tell him I am going to the meat market.
He is making fun of the neighbors. He laughs at them when they start to grill out. Most of them have moved their grills to the backyard because they don't have an "EGG". He stands outside and looks at his egg the same way he used to look at me. It is getting frustrating. The main reason I wanted to write this is to let him know that--
"IN NO WAY HAS HE EVER FOOLED ME" I have found his mini egg in the garage. If he would like it back, all I need is a public apology, on this forum.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
Bridget

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Dear Mrs. Orio Kid, we need more understanding wives like you..Great post! I gotta print that one for me wiffy..
    :-)
    Great big cheers to ya..
    C~W[p]

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Mrs. Orio Kid,
    When I read your post i had to look to see if my wife posted it, it could have been her words exactly, right down to the mini egg. We went to the meat market together today, i do cook the family supper more, and I have chuckled at a neighbor or two. But that doesn't mean we still don't just adore our spouses!!!! Thanks a great post to bring a great day to a close.[p]Chuck

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Mrs. Orio Kid, ummmm, actually he is storing that egg in your garage for me!, ya!, thats it!, it`s really mine.
    I`ll send you my address and you can ship it to me, it`s been there too long!
    SHHHHHHHHHH, don`t tell him though ok.......(:[p][p]
    great post ma'am[p]Mop!

• Huck
    Huck Posts: 110
    Mop,
    Darn it Mop, you stole my line! Bridget, Mop's the one that got the kid started on the egg! Really! For a good dose of revenge, you should forward the little green husband snatcher to MY address :) It would be most helpful to first fill it with ice and longnecks. Just to help out, I'll pay the shipping for you.[p]Go easy on the kid, it's better than him gettin' a girlfriend ;) My only regret is that I don't have more time for (you thought I'd say my family didntcha!) SAAAMOKINNNNN!!!

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Mrs. Orio Kid,[p]Sad, I feel somewhat sorry for Orio. He has looked at the food he use to make for his beloved family and realized that plastic covered food trays of innocuous "TV Diner" type food he has been Q'ing was not good enough for "his" family. He toiled constantly in search of a better method and grill. He found the Egg and the forum (aka the driving instructors of Egg'ing) and worked to perfect his art. Obviously he has done so and he even shares his good fortune with the neighbors. And YOU mock him rather than praise him. Now he has stollen Mops Mini (perhaps like the Linburg baby case of 1932) but it was in the sole effort of improving his families cooking lifestyle. No longer do you have to do ALL the cooking, now you have help and you failed to appreciate your husbands noble effort for eggcellence. [p]You should find him, hug and kiss him and drop to your knees and proclaim him as BBQ GOD of Mt. Carmel,Illinois (very near my home of Alton, Il btw). Perhaps the stolen mini is meant for you so the two of you can grill "TOGETHER" out doors. [p]smell.gif
    Tim M

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Mrs. Orio Kid,
    Are you related to my wife? She's a GOOD woman![p]Carey

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Mrs. Orio Kid,[p] You just gave us our morning laugh. Thanks & good post.[p] Earl
  • char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Mrs. Orio Kid,[p]I have been planning my own private "best post o the year" contest. My rules, my judges, my house. So far this year, two posts are in the running for best post. One of them was KennyG's post where he writes in from a business trip and announces that he is thinking of bringing the egg along on his trips, because the local steak houses are bad. The other one - "Mrs. Orio Kid" - is yours. I'll let y'all know at the end of the year who wins and what, if anything, either of you will get.