Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help with Venison roast (or something that looks like a roast...)

Options
Midnight Smoker
Midnight Smoker Posts: 273
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've had a venison roast (hunk of deer) in the fridge for a few days marintating in some red wine (I've been busier than a one armed paperhanger with crabs.....and forgot about it......may even have been 5 days) How should I cook it. Thinking indirct at 350 until I hit 135......any tgoughts.....need to do it tonight. Thanks, Paul

Comments

• 1shot1kill
    Options
    Midnight Smoker,
    I did one not too long ago in my dutch oven. I used red taters, carrots, celery, a lot of onion and I used beer for the stock. You could use your wine, and I think it would be good too. Just put enough in to cover the meat. I used what ever grill seasoning I had in front of me, just for some taste. I think it only took about 4 hours.

• 1shot1kill
    Options
    Midnight Smoker,
    Oh yeah, the dutch was direct at @250 if I remember right, had a few since then. I just kept checking it untill it got tender and startend to rip apart real easy. It came out purty darn good if I do say so myself!!!!