Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New style Grid Extender

Tim M
Tim M Posts: 2,410
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
grid6.jpg
<p />Wow, I guess my little picture created some interest. When Nature Boy posted about the grid extender, I couldn't resist. BGE sent that to me to play with an critique for them. I loved it and said so, I should have said it to more people there I guess. I just spoke to BGE and asked if that new extender was available - it is I am told but not all dealers will have it (most don't follow the forum and don't know about it I guess). Jewel told me that it is available and they they were going to not produce anymore because they had not heard many pro comments about it. I thought it was still a secret so I never mentioned it --- But I sure use it.
Its great for doing indirect and then direct cooking. In other words, since the top will flip up on either side, it makes it really easy to go from a indirect cook to an direct cook - just lift the side, slide in a drip pan, lower the side. The original extender must be picked up to do that. Jewel had never heard that before and they are going to keep it available if it starts selling (which it will when you folks get one and see how handy it is. Since it folds up, it will more easily fit into a dishwasher (I have never tried that).[p]BGE suggests you check the local dealers - if not call BGE 1-888-929-3447[p]Tell them Tim says hi[p]Tim

Comments

• Tim M,
    I just checked with my local dealer here in Memphis. He does carry the new style, $19.95 and he has them in stock. Guess I'll be dropping in on him this weekend to pick one up. [p]I have been looking at getting a plate sitter, but this might be more useful for me. I know you can use the plate sitter for more, but I just want to do some indirect cooking and this looks about as perfect a setup as you can get.[p]Thanks for the tip.
    Mike

• Tim M,[p]If Seasonal Distributors carries them, they will sell a bunch come Eggfest 2001.[p]Regards,
    Jobu[p]

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Tim M,
    Sorry to ruffle the feathers as it goes....but I agree with Jobu..can you maybe drop a hint to Seasonal to bring a bunch to Eggfest??? I personally would buy one.[p]Wess

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    I called the BGE, no one in retail would answer. I did get the accounting department and they tried to get me through to retail but no luck. I sent them an e-mail, hope to hear back from them. My Barbeque Galore dealer does not carry many accessories for the BGE, just the main things to get you going. If anyone has a dealer with accessories that works through the internet, please post.
    Thanks,
    New Bob

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Tim M, Got one of those myself. When I bought my second BGE that was the style of grill extended they gave me. I love it for beef jerky. Double stack and easy to turn jerky on both racks.[p]CWM

• Orio Kid
    Orio Kid Posts: 87
    Tim M,
    I just ordered mine from BGE, $19.95 plus shipping.
    I just love spending money on accessories.
    Jake

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Orio Kid,
    Hi,
    Did you have any trouble getting through to the BGE??? Did you do it by phone???
    Thanks,
    New Bob

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Tim M,
    I'm surprised Hotlanta hasn't added it to the accessory page here on the site. I have one of the old extenders and have used it a few times but I can see the advantages of the side flipping up. They are great folks down there but dang, they sure like to keep things a secret!
    I run into this with all kinds of businesses all the time...great services - product - whatever and they don't market it or advertise it!
    Been a LONG day sorry.[p]Carey

• Orio Kid
    Orio Kid Posts: 87
    New Bob,
    No problems at all. I used the number that Tim posted. My order took all of 3 minutes. It is part number GX1.
    Jake

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    WessB,[p]I think the interest on the forum will push them to have plenty. Last year I begged them to have more raised grids but they didn't trust me that Egg'ers buy eggcessories and they were totally amazed that they sold almost everything that they brought to sell. The few plate setters they had went in no time just like the other stuff. I think they will have more this year. I will mention it for sure.[p]Tim
  • JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Jobu,
    I got to hankering for your sausages and peppers you and wife did last year at Eggfest. I looked for it in the recipes but couldn't find it. Perhaps you could add it to the list?
    JimW

• JimW,[p]Sure thing, the recipe is posted under pork. Here's the URL; [p]Look forward to seeing you again in April.[p]Regards,
    Jobu

[ul][li]Jobu & Mrs. Jobu's Sausage and Peppers[/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Jobu,
    I see you found the requestor of your recipe. Nice work on the recipe.[p]I still have fond memories of Mrs. Jobu (Maureen) stirring the peppers and sausage with smoke enveloping her!! I can picture it like it was yesterday. And I wish the fest were tomorrow!.[p]Cheers, buddy.
    See you soon.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ