Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini BGE

Options
BOBF
BOBF Posts: 177
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am sure this question has been asked before. Are there any Mini owners out there and what can or do you cook on a mini? My wife saw them in Atlanta and thinks they are cute, which means I am probably going to have to get one.

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    searing2.JPG
    <p />BOBF,[p]When I have access to my full arsenal (75% of my Eggs are locked up in storage right now - I know, it's a crime), I probably use the Mini more than any of the other Eggs. It's so damn quick and efficient, especially for small meals - a couple of steaks or chops or some mushrooms or chicken wings or baked potatoes . . . OH, did I mention Ms. Mini is a SEARING MACHINE?? Wow, she can get hot quick.[p]Now YB has managed to cook a whole bunch of stuff on his Mini using a double-decker grid - if he sees this thread I'm sure he'll post some pictures of his Mini cooks.[p]And the Mini makes a very cool tailgating/camping partner - just pick it up and go! [p]I love it. It's my favorite of all the sizes.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • BOBF
    Options
    TRex,[p]Enough, I'm sold. I wish we had picked one up in Atlanta, but with all the WGCB I purchased out in the parking lot, the SUV was kind of full. Guess the mothership gets a call early Monday. We really do want one to travel with.

• Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    of=50,333,443

and pizza on a 6" ceramic tile

of=50,332,443
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    BOBF,
    I just used my mini last night for grilled whitefish. It has just enough grid to cook two moderate portions. I made an indirect setup, a stainless pan that is under the grid to expand my cooking ability. Cooks two hamburgers, chicken thighs, pork chops, tenderloin steaks.
    I also love to bake potatoes direct on the mini. I can cook three big ones. Travels well. I will be bringing mine for a winter vacation up to Lake Superior. "Steaks on ice."
    Anyway, my mini does the job, be it a small one.
    Clay

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    lunch.jpg
    <p />BOBF,
    I love to take mine to wash for burgers ect.[p]It is headed to The Lake we talked about Tuesday. Great for 2 people.[p]Mike

• BOBF
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]I put the order in with Brenda at BGE today. I have covered both ends of the spectrum now (XL and Mini). Have to fill in the middle. Appreciate your reply.

• FSUScotsman
    Options
    TRex,[p]Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........I was thinking of getting a small to go with my large. Now I thinking this may be the way to go for just a single guy.

• 3 Putt
    Options
    I have one and really love.....use it quite often....couple steaks...and I use it to cook other items while I am cooking on my large....
    Kinda fun to use........[p]

• FSUScotsman,
    Large & small = GREAT combination!