Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hot Dogs?

Options
BluesnBBQ
BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone ever tried cooking hot dogs on the Egg? I've done sausage a few times (usually cooked at 200-250 direct, with hickory or pecan), and it always turns out great. I think next time I go grocery shopping I'll pick up a package of dogs and experiment.

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    BluesnBBQ, hot dogs ARE sausages. And they're great on the BGE. The only way I've done them is along with other stuff but I think this is really a perfect job for Super-Mini!

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    BluesnBBQ, I take my dogs & grill them until they start to bubble under the skin. Then I slice them length-wise, almost completely through, & apply Mrs. Dog's Disappearing Mustard & then stuff with cheddar. Close the lid and cook until cheese melts. Serve on a toasted bun. Yum. JCA

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    J Appledog,[p]I've enjoyed many a hot dog prepped similarly. The only difference is that I never fully split them before cooking. I simply grilled them then cut open and filled with cheddar after they were done grilling. Top off the dogs (or most other food items, for that matter) with the Disappearing Mustard, and you've got yourself a good time.[p]Cornfed