Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Caitfeesh!!

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy.[p]I OD'd on meat this past weekend, so I am on a fish binge.[p]I aint a huge catfish fan, but I picked up a filet today cuz they looked nice and fresh...and the price was right. Not usually a lot of time to prepare lunch. I lit up the small egg, and mixed up a batch of about 2 tsp of Mrs. Dog's Disappearing mustard, a little yellow mustard, some lime juice, peanut oil, and a bunch of Prudhommes Seafood Magic (as I had it on hand). Cooked the filet at 500 (on a slightly raised grate). About 3 minutes a side. Flipped it with this cool fish spatula he wiffy got me (it has about an 8 or 10 inch wide blade that is curved to help you with the gentle flip). Only one flip allowed when cooking a flaky white fish right on the grid.[p]Man oh man. Deed that caitfeesh rot! Great crust from the mustard, and beautiful sear marks. Tender moist white meat inside. Mrs. Dog's killer flavor right there all the way. Took a picture, but it is snail pictures. Will post when developed![p]I still don't have a fish basket, and have been having great luck cooking it right on the grid. A tasty and quick way to do the many kinds of wonderful white fish we have access to.[p]Just an idear!!
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments