Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's all your fault

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
New Bob would like to thank everyone that has responded to my calls for help. Now, it's all your fault. Another "Large Egg" has a home
in the back of my pick up. Have to wait for a neighbor to come home, the sweet littel thing weighs more then I do. Got a bag of BGE lump, some cherry and hickory chips, stater blocks, dual function metal top, thermometer and tongs. To bad I can no longer afford to buy meat, at least I can drink my screwdrivers and look at the box as it sits in the bed of my truck. Hell, I don't even know if it's in one piece. Have to run, time to keep my egg company. Thank again.

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    New Bob,
    If you take the insides out and remove the dome, you can easily move the Large by yourself. Be careful whatever you do.
    RhumAndJerk

• New Bob, if it's still all crated up and unless you and your neighbor are sure footed gorillas, I suggest uncrating it and moving the pieces out one at a time. Humpty can ge glued back together, but since this is a marriage for years to come, take it slow and easy, not fast...besides you already implied you might have to look for road kill for something to egg! 8^)

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    New Bob, Finally, now was that so hard? Now the only problem is, is their room for the second one. The table will fit two nicely. Thanks for the excitement on the forum,(kidding) You'll be the happiest kid on the block with your new purchase. Welcome aboard. Painter
  • Well now, why the hell didn't I think of that??? Maybe because I can't see it and was to quick to get a screwdriver and celebrate. I will finish the drink, no, I am on my way to the truck and will dismantle the dreaded box. I am feeling like an idiot. At least that would make my mom happy if she were here to laugh at it. Thanks.
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    New Stupid Bob,
    I would not have know if KennyG did not show me.
    R&J

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    New Bob,
    If ya cook those screwdrivers slow....over indirect heat, and add some of that cherry wood, that makes a great first cook! Hope you really have some meat. Or at least squid.
    Welcome.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    New Bob, Congratulations and I erased the "S" part..You have graduated with honors.
    I might add to the already good advice, when you have all the parts in hand for re-assembly..use the silicon high temp cement that should be with the unit, apply it to the inside of the top band and if a few dabs left over..do the bottom one also. Best while the unit is new. Then when you re-tighten the bolts just tighten to a the resistance point. Let the silicon set up overnight or 24 hours. Then snug up the bolts once more to secure them, but not to the point you strip the nut threads..If you do happen to break a bolt, (it happens) get new ones of SSteel and accompanying washers..The washers will help prevent stripping threads Also a set of lock washers wouldn't hurt.
    Looking ahead for ya....
    Cheers...
    C~W
    BTW...you may still need the extra help in carrying the parts. :-)[p]

• New Bob, quick...read my lower post..C~W

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    Thanks, I did fined the silicone and will do as instructed. I'm sure I will have many question soon.
    New Bob

• New Bob, great..your on your way..e.mail me if you need too.
    bbq-dude@home.com
    C~W
    BTW...stock up on good meats..especially beef. USDA just put the hammer down this afternoon on imports. Seem the dreaded H&Mouth disease has hit France now. Bad news. Exports of clean meats will accellerate, and we will pay thru the nose for quality meats.
    C~W

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    New Bob, Congrats on your purchase, you're gonna love it. But, regardless of what NB says, drop the squid and go for the screwdriver, but do try to use one with a wooden handle. ;)
    Later,
    ChefRD

• ChefRD,
    The screwdriver I'm hanging on to is very cold and has no handle, only a stem.
    Happy New Bob,
    he,he,he.

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    Happy New Bob, Uh Oh... don't try that on the grill, the melting will put out the fire. ;) Enjoy and keep us posted.
    Later,
    ChefRD