Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Egg just sittin' there

Options
Cajun
Cajun Posts: 147
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Went to Barbeques Gallore in Altamonte Springs, Florida last night to replenish my mesquire smolin' chips. Lo and Behold, a minni egg just sittin' there on a table. Fire ring and box uncracked and everything. I have a large BGE and would not use the mini much, but the $149.00 price tag didn't look inviting at all. So I guess the 407.834.7455 phone number wouldn't really interest anyone either.[p]Just thinkin' out loud here in Central Florida

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Cajun, Think negotiate!! :-)
    I am amazed at how resilient our wiffys are when it comes to more cookers..!! Less work for them I think. I suspect they regard them as extra maids in the house.
    Cheers to ya....C~W[p][p]

• Big Murth
    Big Murth Posts: 350
    Options
    Cajun,
    I bought my Mini, about 3 weeks ago. It's still in the box, under my desk at work. I am thinking about breaking it out when my brother comes to visit next week, mumbling something about a "discontinued clearance sale price" I got on it (hah!). Or maybe, I'll bring it back for a refund, and just cook on my Large.
    Everyone has split evenly pro and con on the Mini, for obvious reasons. I'm now taking a poll. Whadda 'ya think?
    Thumbs up? Thumbs down? The little Egg's fate is in your hands, comrades!

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    minicook.jpg
    <p />Big Murth,
    Thumbs up,with a few modifications the mini egg will hold a load of food,their is 27 chicken drumetts in the picture.[p]Larry

• Big Murth
    Options
    YB,
    Looks like you've got a double-stacked grill working. I take it you're a Mini "true believer"---one vote in for the Mini to stay! Thanks Larry.

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Big Murth,
    We take the mini to all the UGA football games and to the beach in the summer,vacation without a egg is awful.[p]Larry

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    Big Murth,
    Up. I have one on order if my dealer ever gets it in.
    Fireball

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Big Murth,
    Can't hurt to have it around. It is extremely portable. Taking it back for a refund takes time. Time is money. Keep it.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Orio Kid
    Orio Kid Posts: 87
    Options
    Big Murth,
    I just finished reading your post, OF COURSE you keep it. It only makes it better, and much more of a thrill, if you can keep it from your wife. I still have mine under the tarp, beside the lawn mower. A few bags of mulch (aka lump charcoal) covers the entire thing up well. It only makes the acquisition, and the meat better, by hiding them from the wife, for at least 1 week. Two weeks is better if you can take it without cracking. It is like wine actually,let it age, and sovor it when you finally bring it out.
    Remember, she wants you to hide it from her. It is a game.
    She wants you to win. Go For it.
    Jake

• Big Murth
    Options
    Orio Kid ,
    Thanks for the vote. Looks like so far, all of the king's soldiers and all of the king's horses, are instrumental in keeping the little Egg on the same patio, along with the Large. Yea votes = 6.....nay votes = 0!!

• Fireball,[p]Did you get your mini yet? I saw one in Rockford last night when I was picking up my new medium. Thanks for your advice on purchase. Will be cooking my first meal tonight (in the snow)[p]Brian

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    Brian T,
    No mini yet. E-mail me and I will give you the details.
    Fireball