Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoke On The Marsh

Options
BBQBluesStringer
BBQBluesStringer Posts: 398
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's a dreary day here in Coastal Georgia (yup, I've moved from my venerable Florida lakefront property). The smoke from the large BGE is drifting across the salt marsh, and I'm cozied up with fuzzy slippers and a cup of hot cocoa watching the Carolina Chickadees and Tufted Titmice flock to the feeders. Maybe with this passing cold front the Eastern Bluebirds and half a dozen species of hummingbirds will arrive on the scene. Inside the BGE are three slabs of baby back ribs, each rubbed with love and DP Swamp Venom, sucking up Greg Kemp's guava wood smoke. No Guru or Stoker today, just a door key in the slider is giving me a rock solid 250F. All is right with the world...[p]Happy Sunday, everyone![p]BBQBluesStringer

Comments

• Wonder what the poor people are doing...?
  • BBQBluesStringer,
    my bluebirds said they were going your way...[p]i'd like to see the photo of that view

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Well, well, he is risen!!!!! Where you been ahidin' at, son? You need to update your profile now, since you have new scenery........

• BBQBluesStringer
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]
    Richmond%20Hill%20House%20%20049.jpg
    [p][p]Here you go. High neap tide on the Tivoli river. The image didn't completely upload to my web server, but you get the idea. :)[p]BBQBluesStringer

• BBQBluesStringer
    Options
    egret,[p]Hey John! It's been a long time since we saw you and Joan. Hope everything is well up there in the northlands! :)[p]We're in Richmond Hill, a quaint little bedroom community outside of Savannah. We brought Shirley's 'rents up to an ALF in the same town, but my daughter stayed behind in Orlando. In fact we're leaving tomorrow to move her from our Windermere house to a condo in downtown O'town. I don't look forward to that...[p]We're not quite living in the sea of boxes that we were a month ago, but there is still a lot of unpacking to be done. I can put your names on a couple of boxes if you like. Want to come down in January and do some Striper fishing in the Savannah?[p]Kelly
  • BBQBluesStringer,
    that looks beautiful! thanks[p]you probably get a wide variety of wildlife there.[p]i love a good titmouse

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    BBQBluesStringer,
    Sounds like you're about to get settled in. Joan and I are going on a tour of Mexico, including Copper Canyon, Jan. 6th-18th. Can we shoot for February? Is that do-able? Appreciate the offer, my friend. Give our best to Shirley.......

• tripmac
    Options
    BBQBluesStringer,[p]Glad to see there is another coastal GA rep here. I read daily to learn, but don't post much.[p]I live in Statesboro and work in Savannah. [p]Trip