Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Okay Mad Max and CWM, I take it all back (w/pics)

Options
SouthOfI10
SouthOfI10 Posts: 213
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I really had no plans to cook ribs today, but all the hooplah last night and this morning changed my mind. Thanks to CWM and Mad Max for "twisting my arm". These things are like candy! One slab was sauced with half Sweet Baby Rays/KC Hot & Spicy, the other was just plain DP RR. How do vegetarians survive???[p]DSC00571-1.jpg
DSC00574.jpg
DSC00581.jpg
DSC00593.jpg
DSC00599.jpg
DSC00585.jpg[p]Happy Egging![p]ss

Comments

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    SouthOf I10,
    Great looking ribs,great brewski,great night time shot.What else can you ask for?Looks like a lot of brown sugar in the sauce.Why does the daisey wheel look like it is stainless steel?Did you nuke the black coating off of that thing?

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    kcstrip1.jpg
    <p />SouthOf I10,
    I don't know what you are taking back.
    Those look great. I cook about 100 slabs a year for family, friends and myself.
    Just love them.
    I had to settle for a 30 day aged KC Strip tonight.
    Cut one about 1 1/2 inches. The end for a new recipe I'm trying. I will cut the rest Sunday and food saver for later on.[p]kcstrip2.jpg [p]Mike

• SouthOfI10
    Options
    darnoc,
    Intersting comment about the daisy wheel. It looks black as smut usually. Must have been the flash in low light.? Yeah, there was lots of sugar in the spray that I use. It's ~70% apple juice, 20% grade B Maple syrup, and 10% cider vinegar. The ribs really were awesome. I'm looking for a place to curl up and go night-night...

• SouthOfI10
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    I had given Mad Max and (indirectly) you grief this morning for tempting me with the great pictures and procedure for rib cooks. I wasn't going to cook today but y'all convinced me. And my belly is mighty full and grateful! [p]Have a great evening.[p]ss

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    about the large piece-o-beef in the second picture - that looks like the large slab my butcher pulls out and slices off aged strips at $18.99 a pound. Where do I as a mere mortal buy that?
    BTW do you want a few thousand pounds of snow??? Cheap of course!!!!!!!!!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    SouthOfI10,
    Dont let the bed bugs bite.You have all day Sunday to cook.

• SouthOfI10
    Options
    darnoc,
    There's a 3.8lb chuck roast in the fridge for tomorrow. I really like Clay Qs recipe for pulled beef. To me, it's more moist and tender than pork in half the time. Good stuff! What you got cookin' this weekend?

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    OH RRP get ready to cry.[p]My local grocery store carries, whole KC Strips and whole Ribeyes for $3.79-$4.99 lb.
    They are select but if you know how to age (not rocket science) they are great.[p]Here is the ribeye.
    rbeysliced.jpg[p]Mike

• smokinsop
    Options
    RRP,
    Try Sams Club. about $6-$7 a pound for choice. Not Butcher Block quality but damn close

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    SouthOf I10,
    great pics... more for WOOSDAY this week!!. . .glad you enjoyed em too ...

• SouthOf I10,
    great looking pix.....I noticed a bolt head sticking up & assume there is a nut on the other end...what is that for?
    Thanks,

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    By the way, Max, I love how you're really marketing Woosday - I can't wait to see what kind of response we get![p]Jason

• SouthOfI10
    Options
    nodock,
    Thanks. Bolts on the cooking grate? It's actually a stainless steel nut. It, 7 of its buddies, 8 washers and 4 stainless bolts are working together to make a raised grid. A few years ago, I read either here or on TNW's site on how to do it. You have to bend the bolts a little to get it to work just right. It has been great for direct cooks requiring a raised grate.[p]ss