Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Brand NEW $25 Large BGE

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wow! Earlier this month I WON a Large BGE in a raffle. I invested $25 in the raffle and WON a LARGE BGE! Best darn investment I think I have ever made. I have always wanted the BGE. I have a great Weber gas grill and a Brinkman gas smoker but they do not match good old fashioned charcoal smoking. As stated, I have always wanted the egg because of the great things I heard and have tasted. One of my best friends in Orlando go one for Christmas a couple years ago and I was so envious. Now I am the proud owner of one.[p]I cooked my first meats on the egg this past weekend. On Saturday I cooked a pork tenderloin, rubbed with a wet marinade concoction I devised that day (Sun Dried Tomato Pesto and Balsamic Vinagrette for 4 hours). My wife said it was the best tenderloin she has ever had. We grill A LOT of pork tenderloin. Was it the EGG or the Marinade????[p]On Sunday, I cooked a Flat Iron Steak. It was rubbed with a Dry Rub concoction I had come up with that morning and marinated for 6 hours. The steak was great. Tender, perfectly cooked, delicious. Was it the EGG or the marinade. I think it was both, but I am so glad to have the BGE now. [p]I will keep in touch as I learn and experiment more. Make today a great day![p]Tony

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    AntoneWood,[p] Welcome to the family Tony.[p]You are required to memorize all the information contained at the link below.[p]Upon successful completion of this task you will be given the secret BGE handshake, by a mad guy from Maryland or a really strange alcoholic substance by some folks in Texas..
    [ul][li]Serious Stuff Right Here[/ul]
  • cbs
    cbs Posts: 99
    AntoneWood,[p]We hate you. [p]Seriously, congrats. I have found the most useful information from this site and other owners' sites. I've tried to gather a collection of some of the more useful owners' sites, and I'm linking it below.

[ul][li]Links to owners' sites[/ul]
  • AntoneWood,
    hahaha! that's great![p]it is mandatory that you post photos of your creations here.[p]my neightbor keeps telling me they have big green eggs on "the price is right"! is that true?

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    AntoneWood,[p]Congratulations on your great good fortune. You will find that things you made before that were good will be reeealllly good, even eggcellent.[p]gdenby

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Celtic Wolf,[p]"a mad guy from Maryland?" Hmmmmm . . . WooDoogies? Da Mayor? Seasonal Lisa?[p]Please . . . if you mean Mad Max Beyond Eggdome, he does NOT live in the Old Line State . . . He lives in that Commonwealth on the other side of our river!
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Haggis,[p] Close enough for Gov'mint work.. :)
  • Woody54
    Woody54 Posts: 148
    AntoneWood,[p]It's the Egg.
    Welcome

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 698
    AntoneWood,[p]Welcome to the family! Since your initial cost was so low perhaps your budget has room for some EGG Toys.[p]Here are some choices, not all of which you need, but will probably want over time as your egg family grows.[p]BGE, Eggcessories

What would you say are the things I need to get going after I get the egg?
    [p] Ash Removal Tool
    Ash Removal Metal Bucket, Beware Of Hot Ashes
    Bear Claws/Pulling Meat
    BBQ Guru, 10 CFM Recommended
    Ceramic Dome Cover
    Ceramic Feet
    CHARCOAL, LOTS OF
    Chubby's Toys For Small
    Containers, Large Plastic For Storage
    Daisy Wheel Cover
    Dutch Oven, 5Qt Small,5 or 7 Qt for Large
    Egg Mates
    Fire Starter, Chimney
    Fire Starter, Cubes
    Fire Starter, Electric
    Fire Starter, Torch, MAPP
    Food Saver
    Gasket, Extra, High Heat
    Gloves, Okra, Silicon Mitt/Welders Leather
    Grate, Cast Iron Cooking
    Grid Lifter
    Grill, Cast Iron
    Grill Extender
    Hole-e Smokes Silicon Cooking Mats
    Ice Chest
    Knives, Good Set
    Lawn Ranger Tools
    Matches, Cigarette Lighter
    Meat Slicer
    Meat Grinder
    Nest
    Pan, Cast Iron
    Pizza Baking Stone
    Plate Setter
    Rain Cap
    Recipe Database Manager, Living Cookbook
    Rib Rack
    Rubs/Spices, Dizzy Pig Recommended
    Screen, Safety
    Spatula
    Spring Hinge
    Table
    Thermometer, Dome
    Thermometer, Meat
    Thermometer, Polder/Mavrick
    Thermometer, Thermapen
    Tongs, OXO, Extra Long
    V-Rack
    Wire Brush
    Wok
    Wood Chips, Various Flavors: Apple, Cherry, Mesquite, Oak, Etc.
    Provided by many eggers over time!

[p]

• AntoneWood,where did you win it?

• backyard bbq,
    I won it at a raffle for the Athens Area Association of Realtors. It was for the RPAC (Realtors PAC) fund. [p]

• Richard,
    The great thing is it came with the Daisy Wheel and the Dome Thermometer. Pretty Cool in my book![p]

• Woody54,
    Thanks glad to be here!

• Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Don't know about the price is right. don't have time for daytime TV.[p]I will start taking some pics next time.

• cbs,
    Cool, Thanks. I am eggcited about joining this group. A lot of good cooking ahead.[p]I live in Suwanee GA, near the world HQ. [p]

• Celtic Wolf,
    I have spent a lot of time in Texas, Where men are men and sheep are scared! I hesitate to take alchohol from Texans. Just Kidding, some of my best friends are from TX. [p]

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    I've had people tell me they've seen them there.

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    AntoneWood,
    That's great! What a price too!! If you are in FL yourself, you should make it to our FL Eggfest next March! Lots of eggers, lots of food and lots of fun!

Apollo Beach, FL
  • EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Hi, Tony!![p]Congratulations on "The Steal of The Century"......$25...."Such a deal" as they say in South Florida......What part of Florida do you live?[p]Congrats...[p]Ed McLean
    Ft. Pierce, FL

• AntoneWood,[p]Yes, there are eggs on the Price Is Right. We ship them from the Mothership.