Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

J Appledog's Mustard and Jerk Marinade......................

Options
Chef Wil
Chef Wil Posts: 702
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
WOW !!!![p]Julie, your disappearing mustard and jerk marinade are truly the best I have ever tasted. Along with Ken Stone's Happy Pappy Sauces and the Dizzy Pig Rubs, This Forum is blessed to have such condiments in the cupboard. Thanks again for making my cooking taste better. Car Wash Mike, thanks for the call and give our Angel a hug.

Comments

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Thanks, Chef Wil. Please accept my apologies for the delay. The boys in Florida are pretty clueless when it comes to customer service. Makes me crazy! JCA

• J Appledog,
    huh? another source for jerk marinade!
    i'll be ordering some of that soon...

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    It's a first place Scovie Award winner we've been producing for 16+ years, Rick's Tropical Delight. JCA

[ul][li]Unleash the Flavor![/ul]
  • Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Do NOT order just one bottle. This stuff is the best jerk marinade I haver ever tasted. PERIOD. I fell in love with jerk food while I was in Jamaica, not the resort crap, but way up in the hills cooking in a pit on the ground kinda stuff, and this stuff is like being there in my opinion. I am out of it right now, but will be getting more soon. Julie, do you know if Jungle Jim's in Cincinnati is still carrying your products?
    Seth
    PS. Get the mustard too. It is the bomb!

• Crab leg, you are definitely right on this one. When I first ordered the jerk marinade, I just got a jar and some of the mustard. It wasn't long after that, I had a gallon of the jerk. I just finished it recently and I am going to get another one. Love that jerk!!!!!

• J Appledog,
    i had no idea... where the heck have i been![p]i've been mail ordering tropical pepper company island jerk seasoning, and buying a few at the fancy market like neera's jamaican jerk spice grilling paste and busha browne's authentic jerk seasoning...[p]i found a jerk recipe that i love to make and it's great, but i also like to try bottled jerk so count me in and you'll see my order directly.[p]i also fell in love with the jerk in jamaica... negril jamaica, with jerk chicken from a street cart. he chopped up a jerked, half chicken on a (dare i say...) stump. we carried the jerked chicken down to the beach, and a one legged rasta man with a guitar hobbled up, sat down, and played us roots reggae music! we bought him a jerk chicken too.[p]ever since then, i've been looking for jerk that tasted like what i had in negril. the closest i've had, is the stuff i make from scratch.