Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tuna, Tuna, Tuna

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have two 10 ounce portions of fresh tuna filet- how should I cook on the egg?[p]Thanks!

Comments

• Huck
    Huck Posts: 110
    Donna,
    Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I've done shark fillets by painting them with olive oil, sprinkling a little pepper, garlic and onion powder on them and getting the dome up to 550 degrees or so and throwing the fillets on direct for two to three minutes a side. You'll need a big spatula because when they're done, they'll tend to fall apart. It'll be the best fish you've ever had! My son still likes tarter sauce with his fish, oh well...

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Uh oh, there go the lights again . . . Just Huck making another post . . . or checking the ceramic cooker at the other end of the plant . . .[p]Donna:[p]What Huck said. The olive oil is important. I tend to cook my fish at 425º, whatever temperature you cook at make sure you do not over cook.

• Donna, Tuna keeps cooking after you take it off the grill, so make sure it's rare enough that _after sitting_ it will have just a line of rare in the center. Some like it even rarer. -- km

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Donna,
    I've found that about 2 minutes a side is all that it takes to cook 1-inch-thick tuna steaks. Any longer and they get too dry. They should be just a little underdone in the middle.
    JimW