Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Texas Eggfests????

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Are Eggfests ever held in Texas? Signed, long way from MD or GA.7

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Ilona Schmitz,
    Welcome to the BGE family forum. As of now I know of no EGGfests being held in your area. You may want to contact a distributor or dealer in your area and get one started. I for one would be more than happy to attend.

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    JJ, I second your welcome to Ilona..Good to have you and jump in anytime..let us know how to help ya. Lots of folks ready for ya.
    C~W

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Ilona Schmitz, I think you should get Molly Shark to help you start one and call it 'TeggASFEST'

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Ilona Schmitz,
    That would be a hoot! Molly Shark would be in hog heaven. I can't get to Waldorf this year because of a family obligation and I'm disappointed but I sure could look forward to an TEggFest. Just think, slabs of Texas beef....[p]Carey

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Ilona Schmitz,
    Well hey. I hear my name being called here. I always thought a TexasFest would be great. Maybe bring in some west coast people. I'm in the middle of a sell house/build house right now, but hopefully that will all be over in a few months (whew). Then we can seriously think about this. Wonder what would be a good time to have something like that? [p]And, uh, I wasn't the Texas beef referred to, was I? Naw.

• Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 10
    MollyShark, Texasfest would be great. I'm in Dallas, but we like traveling too. Probably spring or fall, at least when the temp is below 100.

• Ilona
    Sundown,Texasfest would be a blast. I'm in Dallas, but we like to travel. This is all new to us, just got out Egg this weekend. Today, b-b-q in the rain.

• Ilona
    JJ, I'm on it. I'll be contacting dealer/distributor tomorrow.

• Ilona
    Char-Woody, This Egg stuff is so cool. Just got our new Egg this weekend. First item on the Egg, a ribeye. Took a little longer to grill than the cookbook suggested (probably because they weighed almost a pound each (we DID NOT eat it all).

• char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    MollyShark,[p]Would a Teggasfest be bigger than your average size Eggfest?
  • Sundown
    Ilona,
    Just emailed Molly Shark and told her that a Tex-Fest was being discussed. She's in Austin I think and she would love it!
    Doing a leg of lamb with melting snow in the background.
    Carey

• Char-Woody
    Ilona, Ribeye as you suggested is my favorite steak..next comes filet mignon and choice porterhouse. One of the prime roasts aside from standing rib is a beef tri tip. Your on a lifetime adventure, so don't hurry..Every day I find something new to play with in the BGE..!
    Cheer's to ya..jump in anytime.
    C~W[p]

• Sundown
    MollyShark,
    Are you still the carnivorous beauty we have come to know and love? [p]Carey[p]PS how's your goose?

• Ilona,[p]I'm in Lubbock. A TexasFest sounds good. Them dangyankees don't need to be having all the fun.
  • mollyshark
    To answer all...it would have to be gigantic to be in Texas. It's just a rule. My concern would be not bumping into either Atlanta or Waldorf Fests. August heat can be a little intense. September might be good, but that's awfully close to October. We'll have to ponder on this a little.[p]Goose goes on shortly, Carey. Had to hit the store for a few things (onions, celery, son's soccer shoes, new sweater as long as I was there). Rain has finally turned into a drizzle so can probably get the darned thing going. I've tried it in a torrent and doesn't always work!
  • Char-Woody
    bb, I like your attitude..heeeyaaaaa!
    C~W

• mollyshark
    Sundown,
    Honey, I'm in Fort Worth, not Austin. But that's ok. It's only 3 hrs or so out of the way and down here you drive that to get to the grocery store.[p]MShark

• mollyshark
    Ilona,
    When you say "cookbook" are you referring to that spiral thing that came with the manual. Aaeeeiii. Toss that in the trash and either come here for info or eggers will gladly give you the name of their favorite cookbook. [p]MShark

• Ilona
    MollyShark,
    Yep, that spiral thing was the cookbook I was referring to. Okay, to the trash it goes.