Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cheers to BGE Headquarters

SLOPPY PIG
SLOPPY PIG Posts: 33
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sometimes we all feel that our problems go unheard,but BGE has been hearing us.I found out today that they are in the test stages of a new dome thermometer that has a glass face and is Hermetically sealed.
It seems to have more of the traits of the old style as far as construction.I would like to thank Ed Fisher and Jim Nufer for hearing me grip and ask them to accept my apology for some harness.Sometimes I like many forget that everything can not be solved overnight.I would also like to thanks BGE for customer service.I just wasn't talking to the right people.I am in retail myself and you really can't be better than they are because every customer can't always be satisfied.All you can do is TRY and this BGE did.THANK YOU AGAIN BGE.

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    therm2.jpg
    <p />SloppyPig,[p]Well, since you mentioned it and not ME. It is on the right and looks really good!! Much like the original that has the red pointer but it looks better made that it. It does not have the pointer though.[p]Tim
  • Tim M
    therm3.jpg
    <p />Tim M,[p]Whoops - the new one is on the left. I forgot how I lined them up. Here is a picture of the backs of them to compare.[p]Yes, BGE did good on this.[p]Tim
  • Tim M,Man your quick.I think your right.This model may hit home and solve a big problem.

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Tim M:[p]Looks like a Trend unit . . . Should be an excellent thermemeter. What price point is it gonna be sold at?

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    SloppyPig,[p]I've never met Ed Fisher but have exchanged emails. I met and hung out with Jim at E2K. He's a truly awesome guy. Hopefully, he'll be in attendance at E2K+1 for some fine Q and comaraderie![p]Cornfed
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Tim M,
    Any idea if we will be getting the new model on the demo eggs at eggfest??????[p]Wess

• Tim M
    xxfest020.jpg
    <p />Cornfed,[p]Actually, I just got the word that Jim will be there. He said he does not want to miss the crab feast at Capt'n Billy's after last years visit. And you're right, he is a great guy. He is the head growing out of Nature Boy's neck.[p]Tim
  • Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Tim M,
    What gives? It looks like NB's beer and the other beer still have the caps on them![p]Was NB trying to turn over a new leaf? :-)))[p]Dr. Chicken[p]
    p.s.: Thanks a bunch for the info on the new dome thermometer. I've got one I need to replace and wanted to stay away from the current style! My complements to Ed!

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    FAQ_do3.jpg
    <p />SloppyPig, Just another picture of the new dome thermometer - Thanks to Jim Nufer and BGE - a quality company standing behind a quality product. A little smaller than the original, but feels just a well made - now I just have to make sure that I get a chance to try it this weekend!

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    11big.jpg
    <p />Cornfed,
    Meet Ed Fisher,this is a picture of Ed and his friend at Eggtoberfest.[p]Larry

• Tim M
    YB,[p]Yep that's Ed. I think his "friend" must have gotten a thermometer too or maybe some free lump.[p]Tim
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    SloppyPig,
    This is one area that BGE is alway's concious of and that is the customer. I am sure your "Piggy Wagon" will cook up a storm in the next contest, with accuracy. The past thermometer has been both a goof and a lesson.
    I betcha the new one is twice as good as any in the past. I like the hermetically sealed part also..We can do without the little red marker.
    I remember telling my sis-in-law that the little marker is how we set the temperature in the BGE...After starting up the BGE, a hour later she came back and checked where I had set it, and it was right on target. She asked, "how does that do that??" Fun city..!!
    Cheer's..best to ya in the contest's.
    C~W