Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Goin a little Fire Brick Crazy!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was perusing the forum last night when I came across a post by Mickey T, in which he spoke of using a split on the top of his egg to regulate his temp. The wheel just wasn't good enough, he needed a fire brick to handle the job! I wasn't surprised a bit because anyone who reads this forum knows that the first thing you do when you get your egg is to go get yourself a stack of fire bricks! There's nothin handier in the world than a fire brick. If just one N.Y. Giant had brought a fire brick to the super bowl...well, things would have been different.
So I got to thinking....we eggsters are gonna take over the world, no doubt. So what's that world gonna be like?
Ah, my computer keeps crashing. What should I do?...smack it twice on the side with a fire brick.
Wobbly table?....place one fire brick under leg.
Scuba diving forum.....you don't need to buy the weight belt; get some fire bricks and..
Mae West movie....is that a fire brick in your pocket or are ya just glad to see me?
Want to make a quick million?....pet fire brick
So I was listening to some Jethro Tull and... nah, too easy
Teaching your kid good values...the early eggster gets the fire brick
A riddle...how many eggsters does it take to change a light bulb? One to screw the bulb and three to get the fire bricks..I didn't think that was funny either.
Stand up comedian....there were these two nuns and a fire brick
Watching the Sopranos... we don't do cement shoes no more, just two in the head and a couple fire bricks!
And finally, Grandpa Eggster tucking in the little eggsters... but the third little pig that built his house out of fire bricks was safe from the big bad wolf and lived happily until Grandpa Eggster showed up with a bag of lump and the town had some excellent BBq for a week!! The End.

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Dr. Seuss,[p]Why am I laughing at that?!?!?![p]Thanks Doc,[p]Smokey
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Dr. Seuss, and ya know what.. Our ancestor's were nuts too. Seem the deep sea divers, scrounging thru all the old shipwrecks from the 18th century dug out the old iron stoves used in the galleys..Guess what..inside were firebricks...heeeyaaa.
    True..I kid you not..Its in our blood now. But you can use other gimmicks as well. dual pizza stones fit nicely. FB's are a whole lot cheaper and tossable.
    Yaa..The world would stop if not for FB's Maybe someday we can recycle em into energy fuels...! In the meantime..good bread, nice indirect cooks, nice pizza, etc.
    Cheers and tnx for the laughs...
    Char-Woody[p]

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    Dr. Seuss,[p]Cute! What is scarey is for some this may the hitting the nail on the head :^)![p]Zip
  • BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    Dr. Seuss says "I wasn't surprised a bit because anyone who reads this forum knows that the first thing you do when you get your egg is to go get yourself a stack of fire bricks!"[p]I've had my Egg for almost two years, and I still don't own any fire bricks. When I want to cook indirect, I use my pizza stone.

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    Dr. Seuss,
    With a name like Dr Seuss you could hace said:
    GREEN EGGS & BRICKS[p]I use fire bricks in my EGG'
    I use them to fix a table leg
    I may use one,
    I may use all
    Whatever the situation may call.[p]Used Low & Slow for indirect Quing
    Used Hot & fast whateverI may be doing.[p]MAC I am (This is too easy)

• MAC, Hey..that was gooooooood. You missed yer calling.
    C~W

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Options
    MAC,
    Someone should be callin a Dr. on you and Dr. Seuss both![p]And don't call Dr. Chicken!!! :-)))[p]
    Dr. Chicken[p](The Dr. is in!)