Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Too hot?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The FAQ answers a question about what to do if the BGE gets too hot.
Is there a temperature limit? What happens if it exceeds it?
(I can't use LOX to get the charcoal going quickly?:-)[p]How does one get the ash out (from the mini) Since BGE's are too heavy to invert easily, and the innards would probably fall out and break, I'm guessing you have to brush the ash in the firebox through holes into the base, and then scoop it out through the door/vent?

Food P&E ratio:
If it takes longer to Prepare it than it does to Eat it, it's not worth making it in the first place.

Comments

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    Doug Warner, What FAQ?, and NO, don't use LOX ;)
    later, ChefRD
    p.s. Are you telling me PP isn't worth it? :)

• Mike Oelrich
    Options
    ChefRD,[p] The FAQ's, such as they are, can be found HERE. I agree; can't imagine cooking pulled pork in such a way that it would take more time to eat it than it would to prepare it. Judging from how fast a 9lb. picnic roast disappears when I have ten guests eating it, I think I'd have to use that LOX as a marinade!!![p]MikeO