Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Frog legs

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This Friday night I'm fixing one of our twice a year special suppers of frog legs. I've been buying them for several years from a "meat jobber" who works the state of Illinois and Missouri calling on us at home once a quarter. Anyway I have this favorite recipe which uses lots of butter, some garlic, a little flour and B and B liqueur. It's goooood stuff! While this particular recipe just wouldn't work on a BGE, I was wondering if anybody out there has perfected a frog leg meal on humpty?
Giggin' em as a kid was one thing as they were freebees, but now as a paying consumer that's another!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    RRP,
    I have not done them on the egg yet, but have eaten lots. If I was to do some, I would try ChefRD's Wing recipe...but for a shorter time, and slightly higher temps. The breading will hold in a bit of moisture, and add a bunch of flavor too. After the breading has browned a bit, baste it with your butter/garlic/B&B mixture for the last 10 minutes.[p]Just a suggestion. Enjoy!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    RRP,
    Somethings just do not fit the using the EGG in purity. Blasfimy, I know. If you saute them using an iron skillet then you could use the EGG to heat the skillet. I do Steak Au Pouire using the EGG where I heat the iron skillet in the EGG and enjoy the added flavor the charcoal gives.

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    froglegs3.jpg
    <p />RRP:[p]I have grilled them at higher temperatures (400º/425º) and have been pleased with the results. The trick is to cook till done and no more. I think next time I do frog legs I will follow Nature Boy's suggestion. ChefRD's wing recipe would be great on "fried frog legs". I like corn meal but use half of what he calls for.

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    RRP, here is a great pic that djm5x9 sent me....have a peek at them babies.......[p]
    Mop!

[ul][li]Frog legs[/ul]
  • Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    djm5x9,,,,,,Hey, what timing eh!....
    I hope you don`t mind that I posted that pic.....[p]
    Mop!

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Mop:[p]Not at all . . . We are just sharing a common interest and learning from the experiences of others. I can taste those ChefRD frog legs now . . .

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Mop,
    whoa, frog legs are one thing and the next morning they are history, but what's with the "stainless steel appearing bands" and "lifters" in that picture???

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.