Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Country Style Ribs...

Options
NoleGirl
NoleGirl Posts: 33
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've looked for a recipe for country style ribs, and I can't seem to find one. Actually, I just need to know the temps, and times etc. Thanks in advance. Lisa

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    NoleGirl,[p]Here's one from GFW's site: http://yyyz.net/bge/GfwsCountryRibs.asp[p]Cornfed
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    NoleGirl,
    We do a lot of these. Gfw uses a method much like mine. One of the problems with country ribs is that the name seems to mean different things to different meat cutters. Most of the time (at least around here) they are sliced up Boston butts. They are heavily marbled and pretty fatty. This is the type Gfw and I have been using. They do very nicely with a 3-4 hour cook.[p]But sometimes country ribs cut from different parts of the hog, and sometimes are very lean like loin chops. If you have these kind, I would cook them direct, hotter and quicker. You can usually tell which cut you have from a quick inspection.[p]have fun! They are great.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • NoleGirl
    NoleGirl Posts: 33
    Options
    Nature Boy, The kind I have are pretty lean, and have bones in them. I have my rub on them, and was thinking of adding the mustard rub prior to putting them on. What temp should I use cooking direct? Thanks, Lisa

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    NoleGirl,
    I have only done the lean once. And I did them much like the fatty ones (didn't know better)... indirect (without a polder), much like I cook the fatty ones, and they were dry and overcooked.[p]I would probably grill them direct at 300 or so, flipping every 10 minutes, until your internal temp as 145-150. Maybe some others can chime in.[p]Keep us posted.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    NoleGirl,
    I sometime4s use them for kebabs. I cut them into cubes, marinate them overnight, put them on wooden skewers and grill them direct. They make great appertizers.