Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

things have changed

char buddy
char buddy Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Things have changed around our house. For a long while eggfood was a novelty - sort of a dad wants to cook, let's see what he can do scene. Although BGE food was appreciated, it was still the exception rather than the rule. [p]Yesterday, even though our part of the country was facing a big snow storm, the family begged for EGG food. They wanted the hamburgers grilled. I felt great. Unfortunately I had a deadline and couldn't do it, but it's clear that things have changed.

Comments

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    char buddy,
    Likewise at our house. We were getting a big old load o' snow on Sunday, and there was no question but that the turkey breast I had brining would be done outdoors. So I shovelled a path and pulled Humpty (in the nest) close to the door and it was business as usual. Our guest arrived; he immediately said, "I certainly hope you roasted this on the Egg!" The turkey was excellent, as everyone knew it would be. Here's to the BGE!
    Cheers,
    Gretl

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    char buddy,[p]Things have changed. Welcome to the Eggsperienced club. You have been voted in by the only ones qualified to vote - your own. A hearty congratulations. [p]Spin
  • char buddy
    Gretl,[p]Hi stranger. Will you guys be at the Eggfest? Was it your youngster who played in the band? He was good. See you there I hope.[p]
  • char buddy
    Spin,

Hi ya doing, Spin? [p]I think I've finally figured out what I want to cook at the Fest. I'm thinking of doing tandoori chicken, then maybe wokking a few veggies later in the day. [p]