Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

turkey in the fridge question

TroubleTrouble Posts: 276
edited 10:35AM in EggHead Forum
Hi, everybody. Happy Thanksgiving to you all--it's great to read the posts on the forum today.[p]There was a post some time ago, maybe even last year, and it mentioned that if you unwrap, rinse and pat dry your turkey, then let it sit in the fridge overnight, then the skin might crisp up a little better than it sometimes does.[p]Does anybody know if it should be covered or uncovered? Covered doesn't seem to make much sense, but I want to sure.[p]Thanks--
Joyce

Comments

• hi joyce!![p]i think the idea is to leave it uncovered so that the skin will dry some. .. i've never done it, but it makes sence to me. .. [p]hope you and yours have a great day tomorow. . . don't hesitate to call the hotline if you need to :-)
  • TroubleTrouble Posts: 276
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    A fantastic day to you and yours as well. I won't need to call (I feel like I could be a backup at this point!), but I may call anyway :-).[p]Joyce