Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pre-cooked ham

I am cooking a turkey the Mad Max method however I am also cooking a pre-cooked ham. Any suggestions other than warming it up at around 250 degrees, is that about right? and what internal temp?????
Thanks, I am hoping someone out there can help me. Bucky

·

Comments

• TroubleTrouble Posts: 276
    Bucky Buckshot,[p]I have used Dr. Chicken's Double Smoked Ham before. His recipe talks oven or egg, so if your egg is busy you can still pull it off. It's darn good on the egg, though. I stop after the glazing part and cooking instructions (I don't do the injection stuff).[p]Good luck.[p]Joyce
    [ul][li]Dr. Chicken's Double Smoked Ham[/ul]
    ·
  • Bucky Buckshot,
    i'll also be doing a pre-cooked ham on my second egg tomorrow. ..use lots of wood for good smoke (i like hickory and cherry for this) .. ..smoking it at 250 degrees for about 1/2 hour per pound to an internal temp of 140 degrees. .. i like to slather mine in a mix of dijon mustard and brown sugar. ..and fill a drip pan with orange juice. ..last hour i glaze it with dr. chicken's double smoked ham glaze. . .it always comes out great ... [p]

·
  • trouble,
    LOL we were thinking the same thing at the same time. .. .

·