Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pre-cooked ham

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am cooking a turkey the Mad Max method however I am also cooking a pre-cooked ham. Any suggestions other than warming it up at around 250 degrees, is that about right? and what internal temp?????
Thanks, I am hoping someone out there can help me. Bucky

Comments

• Trouble
    Trouble Posts: 276
    Options
    Bucky Buckshot,[p]I have used Dr. Chicken's Double Smoked Ham before. His recipe talks oven or egg, so if your egg is busy you can still pull it off. It's darn good on the egg, though. I stop after the glazing part and cooking instructions (I don't do the injection stuff).[p]Good luck.[p]Joyce
    [ul][li]Dr. Chicken's Double Smoked Ham[/ul]
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Bucky Buckshot,
    i'll also be doing a pre-cooked ham on my second egg tomorrow. ..use lots of wood for good smoke (i like hickory and cherry for this) .. ..smoking it at 250 degrees for about 1/2 hour per pound to an internal temp of 140 degrees. .. i like to slather mine in a mix of dijon mustard and brown sugar. ..and fill a drip pan with orange juice. ..last hour i glaze it with dr. chicken's double smoked ham glaze. . .it always comes out great ... [p]

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    trouble,
    LOL we were thinking the same thing at the same time. .. .