Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Rinse after brining

edited 11:15AM in EggHead Forum
Going to brine our turkey for the first time this year. My question is pretty simple. Do most people rinse the turkey after brining or simply dry it? Worried about it turning out too salty.

Comments

• WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Houndog,
    You want to rinse it...and rinse it GOOD...never really noticed mine being overly salty, but you want to make sure to rinse out everything really well....Got my 20#r in a brine right now.[p]Wess

• RRPRRP Posts: 18,978
    Houndog,
    rinse well and I also let it sit on a rack for an hour as it will drain quite a puddle!

L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,956
    Houndog,[p]You're in good hands listening to these two!! [p](WOW.....did I really say that?)[p]Rinse well, and dry!!![p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • WessB,[p]Rinse it I will. Thanks.

• BKBK Posts: 19
    Houndog,
    I rinse it and then rince it again to make sure its very clean. Then it dries overnight in the fridge.

• Barry,
    Should it be covered, like with a moist towell, while in the fridge overnight tonight after it comes out of the brine? I have cooked them on our webber for years, firs on the egg and first I have brined is tomorrow. I expect the egg, Dizzt Pig and Mad Max to have made it better and easier.