Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need fast info. on cooking PIZZA in egg. (times and temps)

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Need the time and temp on cooking a pizza in the egg. First time cooking pizza and trying to get it done before wife gets home to surprise her. Please help ASAP. Thanks

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Gentlemanjim,[p]Using a well heated Egg and installed pizza setup, about 6 minutes. Well heated means the Egg needs generous limiting of the top vent to hold the temp to 550°F (bottom vent wide open for the entire cook). Open the top vent wide after insertion of the pie to quickly regain cooking temperature and then regulate using the top again.[p]Spin[p]
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    pizza2.jpg
    <p />Gentlemanjim, Just did a pizza yesterday. Brought the egg with a pizza stone and plate setter up to 500 degrees. 10 minutes was all it took for a great pizza using spin's sauce and dough recipes. Hope this helps.[p]Chuck <><

• Chuck, Thanks partner! Got to get started. Wife will be home in 30 min.

• Spin,Thanks spin! I will let you all know how it turns out. Cross your fingers.

• Spin
    Options
    Gentlemanjim,[p]Fingers are crossed. Post and/or send me an email with the results and your thoughts.[p]Spin

• Spin
    Options
    Chuck,[p]I attempted to send you an email and it was returned as user unknown.[p]Please email me. Thanks.[p]Spin

• Spin,Sorry it took so long to respond. Thanks for the help. It turned out pretty good. There was a little part of the crust (on the bottom) that was burned. I dont know what happened. Mayby it was on for to long. Still pretty pleased with the end result. Just like everything else it will get better with practice. I remember my firts steak wasn't all that but now I have people begging me to do my rib eye steak. Thanks again for your quick responce and help!