Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

A cry for help

2»

Comments

• Dos Huevos,
    Welcome to my personal he&&. This is the second and last Thanksgiving without an egged turkey.
    If I can just figure out how to tell mom. HMMMMM![p]Mike

• ronbeauxronbeaux Posts: 988
    Dos Huevos,
    I feel you pain. Glad the 17 of us opted for pulled pork!!

• GretlGretl Posts: 670
    Dos Huevos,
    One holiday (long ago) I heard that same whine, the relatives were skeptical about at grilled turkey. So that year, I roasted one small (12 lb) turkey on the Egg, and another of comparable size in the oven. And no, I didn't overcook or anyway sabotage the indoor bird. Which one did everyone love and fight over the last peice? You guessed it. And now, mention "turkey" and everyone says, "let Gretl do it on the Egg." Nuff said. Now, I'm off to buy a 20 pounder, I'll have the butcher cut out the backbone so I can butterfly it on the Egg and make some gravy from the backbone and some extra pieces. Happy Thanksgiving. G.

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    Dos Huevos,
    dude, grow a mansack. try some stones on for size.[p]tell them they'll eat what you cook, and to quit questioning the man of the house.[p]see if you have any more luck than i did, which was 'none'

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante