Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Call the Medics !

Options
Ranger1
Ranger1 Posts: 48
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It was the best of times and it was the worst of times :( Started out cooking Bar B Q Beans this a.m. to go with Drumsticks this afternoon. The beans, Miller's Recipe, were fantastic! The drummers couldn't have been saved by the best EMT's in the USA. We are talking 3rd degree burns. The temp. was good, but I'm afraid the marinade inflicted the pain. Next go round, no drumsticks without a drip pan and raised rack. Now I have chicken breasts, on an elevated grate, cooking out there to try and salvage my Super Bowl meal! So far, so good. Yours truly and painfully humbled, Ranger 1.[p]

Comments

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Ranger 1,[p]Got a feeling it was the Heinz. It has a reputation of buring fairly easy. Hope the breasts come out good for you.[p]Go Rams!

• Ranger1
    Ranger1 Posts: 48
    Options
    Bob, I think you are right on the Heinz. The breasts were great! Next time, I go Heinz free and different recipe! I'll try the ChefR suggestion.....R1[p]
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Ranger 1,
    I did the ChefRD Wings - very good. Nice crust onthe outside but they are as bland a fresh toast unless you add a sauce or something. I added Tabasco on a few and had the best results with a BBQ sauce added 30 min before they were done. I also bumped the temp up to 325. Be careful doing wings over 375 as you can get a mean grease fire from the skin grease.[p]Some team from St Louis (my birth town) is winning a game on TV tonight. [p]Tim

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Tim M, team from St. Louis is winning but not by much -really not a football fan so I don't realy care - BUT, part of the ChefRD Wing recipe is BBQ/Hotsauce during the last hour! I know that there are other "wing" recipes, I just havn't found one quite as good. Go Titans!