Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rainy Cooking

Bama EggerBama Egger Posts: 137
edited 10:53AM in EggHead Forum
Any advice for cooking a bird outside in the rain on Thanksgiving?
Do you need to protect the daisy wheel. Any tips on protecting the cook?
Thanks and happy Thanksgiving to all.

·

Comments

• I don't think it's necessary to protect the daisy wheel, although I've noticed mine gets just the slight bit rusty after getting rained on. I shot it with WD40 after the first time and it's been fine ever since.

I've got a patio umbrella bungeed to the railing above my egg to keep it reasonably dry, works like a champ. It's more for my comfort than the egg though.
    ·
  • MeinbmwMeinbmw Posts: 157
    Paul,
    Go to your local Menards/Lowes/Home Depot and buy an aluminum roof vent ... you know, the kind that sits on top of your sewer vent or furnace exhaust vent up on your roof.[p]$5 max ...

·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    4046170e.jpg
    <p />Paul,[p]By all means, protect the cook.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • Rainegg.jpg
    <p />meinbmw,
    Like this... Just remember that the cap gets hot!

·
  • Paul,
    I live in the Seattle area and cook outside, uncovered all year long. Those little rain caps are cute but not needed at all....

·