Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless Beef Short Ribs

Options
WillieB
WillieB Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Filled the ceramic cooker up this weekend with chicken quarters and boneless beef ribs. Marinated the BBR's in Cuz'n Buddy's Basting sauce and layed on the Head Country, man, they were tasty. First time for those.
FYI for brisket lovers in Lubbock, The new United at 50th and Indiana will be carrying the Certified Angus Beef briskets.[p]Yall have a great day,
WillieB

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    WillieB, we been looking for a sure fire way of doing those BBR's..and sho nuff, it had to come from Texas.."Deep in the heart of Texas"
    How do those lyrics go..?
    "The cooks are right,
    and outa sight,
    Deep in the heart of Texas"...
    Nastalgic stuff..(grin)
    Hey WillieB...how tender were those boneless beefies? I gotta do em again..but only when I eat alone..Wiffy thinks they be too lardy.
    C~W

• WillieB
    WillieB Posts: 21
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    They turned out nice and tender, deep smoke ring, nice smoky flavor(used mesquite lump with a chunk of hickory) Took them off and put them in a little pan and poured a little more baste on them and steamed them for about .5 hours.
    WillieB

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    WillieB, them musta been "Longhorns"!
    Steam??
    OK..That will work too. I think your right there as beef needs that extra breakdown of concentrated high heat moisture..
    Of course your right, what am I saying..Now if you were Dylan..heeeyaaaa.
    Cheers and thanks..I will give em a whirl again. Maybe lie a little bit to the wiffy and convince her its pork.
    C~W[p]

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Char-Woody, wasn't that in "Gone with the WInd" when she said "Lardy, lardy, I don't know nothing 'bout cookin' ribs!"