Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey roasting pan?

Options
Tony
Tony Posts: 224
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, I'm going to cook my first turkey on my large egg this Thanksgiving Day and I've decided on cooking it using the Mad Max method.[p]I'm having trouble finding a turkey roasting pan that will fit the bird and the egg. I'm going to check out Target later today, BUT if I can't find one..............Do you think if I buy two of the oval alluminum disposable roasting pans (the ones that you see everywhere) and double them up, that it would be sturdy enough to rest on the little green feet on top of the inverted plate setter? I get the feeling that the pans would sag and touch bottom.[p]Any suggestions?[p]Thanks in advance![p]

Comments

• Tiger Tony,[p]Linens & things is running a sale today and for the next few days[p]a roasting pan with rack, ceramic platter, gravy boats, S&P shakers and a set of knives for $10.[p]Of course their not high quality stuff, but its worth it just to get a dedicated cheap roasting pan.
    its a lrgee pan but fits in the large egg with some room around the sides
    'bout to try it for the first time
    hopefully itll be enough room
    i think it will

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Tiger Tony,[p]I had a hard time finding a suitable roasting pan for my 18lb bird myself. I have a LG BGE and finally settle on a simple rectangle cake pan (non-stick), it fit well inside the egg and the ceramic feet worked on all corners very well. Lot's of roasters out there but not many fit the bill.[p]My 2¢
    -Smitty

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    bwallass,
    Got one and it's not that bad. Certainly worth the $10.00 (after rebate). The knives are made in China, as is everything else these days. I just took it to my BGE cooking center.[p]Spring "Made In Louisiana" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Tiger Tony,
    sure, they will work, just use 3 or 4 of them. ..that will also provide the mass so that the drippings don't burn. .. .

• Tony
    Tony Posts: 224
    Options
    bwallass,[p]THANK YOU so much for telling me about the deal on the "Cook at Home" roasting pan at Linens and Things.
    My wife and I just got back from buying it. We couldn't believe how good a deal it was for $19.99 and then to think we still get a $10 rebate, for a total of $9.99.
    The quailty really isn't that bad it's much better then I expected. I expected it to be a cheapo set in one box, but I was surprised to see it was all packed seperately in three boxes. Truly is a great deal! Both my sister-in-laws bought one too....
    The pan fits perfectly in the LG BGE. Thanks again you saved me one less thing to worry about.

• Spring Chicken,
    I used mine for my first turkey yesterday. Got the job done. Did a little job on the pan too (some paint came up off the bottom), but thats why I wanted a cheap, egg-dedicated pan.[p]bw
    Lafayette, la

• Tiger Tony,[p]Thanks to all of you, I was trying to figure out what to do with my 18 lb bird. I just went out and bought two sets with a 20% off coupon it the Tampa Trib. The pan fits like it was designed for the egg, I have not tried yet but I will let you all know how it works out![p]This forum is great, thanks again.

• check your sunday paper for a linens n things flyer--there is a 20% off coupon that doesn't say that it's not valid for sale items. so, the price is $20 less $4 coupon, less $10 rebate!![p]ken baker