Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Conecuh Sausage

BOBFBOBF Posts: 177
edited 6:04AM in EggHead Forum
At Octoberfest I heard mention of Conecuh Sausage. I know this is a brand made in Alabama, but does it refer to a type of sausage as well - such as Andouille?
·

Comments

• I live in ALabama and we LOVE the Conecuh sausage here. It is made in several different flavors, Hot , mild , they now have Cajun. It comes in small links or you can get " regular " size. It is not a Anduie sausage, but the flavor is outstanding ( in my opion)
    ·
  • BOBF,
    I can tell you that Conecuh Sausage is my link sausage of choice. I get real antsy when my grocer runs out. They run hot as well as mild. I was raised in the town it is made and know the family well, have eaten a trainload of it. Try it out. In case you care, Conecuh is the county it's made in and is pronounced "Con-NEK-uh". Indian name, means "heap good sausage". ;)

·
  • TractorTractor Posts: 283
    Yep. It's very good! And it's available around here at Super Walmarts...
    ·
  • BOBFBOBF Posts: 177
    luke bizzy,[p]Thanks, so I guess it is more of a brand rather than a specific regional type sausage. That is, only one maufacturer makes it.

·
  • Tractor,
    Conecuh is the best. I usuallt put it on the grill as i am getting the fire ready to cook. It is truly heaven on a bun!!!!!!!!!

·