Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Conecuh Sausage

Options
BOBF
BOBF Posts: 177
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
At Octoberfest I heard mention of Conecuh Sausage. I know this is a brand made in Alabama, but does it refer to a type of sausage as well - such as Andouille?

Comments

• ttownsmoker
    Options
    I live in ALabama and we LOVE the Conecuh sausage here. It is made in several different flavors, Hot , mild , they now have Cajun. It comes in small links or you can get " regular " size. It is not a Anduie sausage, but the flavor is outstanding ( in my opion)
  • Luke Bizzy
    Options
    BOBF,
    I can tell you that Conecuh Sausage is my link sausage of choice. I get real antsy when my grocer runs out. They run hot as well as mild. I was raised in the town it is made and know the family well, have eaten a trainload of it. Try it out. In case you care, Conecuh is the county it's made in and is pronounced "Con-NEK-uh". Indian name, means "heap good sausage". ;)

• Tractor
    Tractor Posts: 288
    Options
    Yep. It's very good! And it's available around here at Super Walmarts...
  • BOBF
    BOBF Posts: 177
    Options
    luke bizzy,[p]Thanks, so I guess it is more of a brand rather than a specific regional type sausage. That is, only one maufacturer makes it.

• Tractor,
    Conecuh is the best. I usuallt put it on the grill as i am getting the fire ready to cook. It is truly heaven on a bun!!!!!!!!!